NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

I know this is Bucco B's thread. I know who is football team is. I know he does a lot of cool concepts...will he do the "almost" monochrome of the creamcicle Bucs? I may be wrong, but word on the street was they were to go orange/orange in their last game of a season, but Hardy Nickerson said they looked to silly or something along those lines. I thought (the way the story went) that it was all ready to go and they had to go get the white pants out. I'm sure he's got the scoop.

Since I'm too lazy to sift through the pages, did someone post the Purple/Purple Vikes of way back (if you're listing older teams)?

The story you speak of is the last game of the 1996 season, the year before the revamping. It actually almost happened a couple times previous to that, to hear my cuzz tell it, but from what he told me (and I went back and asked him about this), they wanted to do something "special" to close out the '96 season. (The players knew well in advance a total revamp was being rolled out after that season...that rebranding process actually was damn near two years in the making.) But yeah...it was a good idea in theory; but once one of the players actually "modeled" it in the locker room, pretty much the greater majority shot that straight down.

Me personally...I would have LOVED to have seen the Bucs do that for that game. THAT would have been a way to send the creamsicles out in style...and it probably would have had the same effect as the '03 Bengals' black mono (which incidentally was also the first time I ever saw those black pants) during their last game of that season; the next year they rolled out the "Jungle Cat" look.

As far as yours and someone else's suggestion to whip up a monochrome machine up in here and display monos for all 32 teams...that'd take a while to complete, but how y'all know I wasn't ALREADY WORKING ON IT??? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is Bucco B's thread. I know who is football team is. I know he does a lot of cool concepts...will he do the "almost" monochrome of the creamcicle Bucs? I may be wrong, but word on the street was they were to go orange/orange in their last game of a season, but Hardy Nickerson said they looked to silly or something along those lines. I thought (the way the story went) that it was all ready to go and they had to go get the white pants out.

The story you speak of is the last game of the 1996 season, the year before the revamping. It actually almost happened a couple times previous to that, to hear my cuzz tell it, but from what he told me (and I went back and asked him about this), they wanted to do something "special" to close out the '96 season. (The players knew well in advance a total revamp was being rolled out after that season...that rebranding process actually was damn near two years in the making.) But yeah...it was a good idea in theory; but once one of the players actually "modeled" it in the locker room, pretty much the greater majority shot that straight down.

Me personally...I would have LOVED to have seen the Bucs do that for that game. THAT would have been a way to send the creamsicles out in style...

It would have looked something like this (Tennessee in the all Creamsicle look) ...

vols_pileup.jpg

OK, perhaps that was a good thing to not do.

Packers-2.png

I love monochromes unless they are white. Those look too boring.

Even these?

060910_colts_giants_vlg9p.widec.jpg

I'm kind of at the opposite end of the spectrum... I think most colored monochromes look hideous... the only ones that work for me are the Seahawks and Jags' black unis. Every other colored monochrome sucks (especially a dark monochrome with a lighter helmet, i.e. Saints)

espnsig.gif

Well at least every team in the NFL (EXCEPT ONE-Which happens to be my favorate) has the smarts to only wear the color monochromes for maybe only a game or two a year. I am stuck of seeing my Seahawks wear that GOD ALFULL drabe all blue combo from head to toe every home game. PLEASE wear the white pants at home for at least a few games a year. People say that they look odd in that combo, well the only reason they may look odd is that your not used to seeing that combo. They have worn that all blue since 2002 and have only worn the blue jersey-white pants in 5 games, 4 pre-season and one regular. I wish now they would have chosen the sliver helmet. I venture to say if that had happened they would have never considered to all blue look.

Well...the inevitable is now upon us, folks. For those who wish to have their "phantasies" fulfilled, the other side of this whole dark mono thing is now available for viewing.

Enter at your own risk... :suspect:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

For those of you who have said you like the Ravens' all-black look, you will apparently get a chance to see it tonight.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

For those of you who have said you like the Ravens' all-black look, you will apparently get a chance to see it tonight.

Unless they can find a way to tweak those things to look like something decent instead of a bunch of ink pens running around, to the Ravens' blackbird unis I must say "nevermore".

Don't get me wrong...done the right way, I think the Ravens would look absolutely SLICK dipped in black...it's jsut that the CURRENT execution of it ain't working for me.

Unless they can find a way to tweak those things to look like something decent instead of a bunch of ink pens running around, to the Ravens' blackbird unis I must say "nevermore".

Don't get me wrong...done the right way, I think the Ravens would look absolutely SLICK dipped in black...it's jsut that the CURRENT execution of it ain't working for me.

So true...they need SOMETHING to prevent those pants from looking like tights (i.e. pants striping, different colored socks). I wanted so badly to like those uniforms last night, but the tights look just killed me (and so did the stupid striping on the helmets), but that's a different story.

So true...they need SOMETHING to prevent those pants from looking like tights (i.e. pants striping, different colored socks). I wanted so badly to like those uniforms last night, but the tights look just killed me (and so did the stupid striping on the helmets), but that's a different story.

I agree that some type of striping might help. However, I don't think either of their earlier black pants (season 1's black with solid white stripe, season 2's black with white/purple/white stripes) worked. Maybe they need something like what New England wears - use gold and purple piping on the black pants. Then I would say use them full-time with the white jerseys.

I also agree - the Ravens (and the Titans) need to drop those tiny helmet stripes.

I don't think either of their earlier black pants (season 1's black with solid white stripe, season 2's black with white/purple/white stripes) worked. Maybe they need something like what New England wears - use gold and purple piping on the black pants. Then I would say use them full-time with the white jerseys.

I definitely agree with the first sentence. I hated both of the original sets of black pants.

I like the idea of adding New England-style piping to the black pants. However, keep them away from the white jerseys. I think the all-white sets looks extremely crisp as is and don't want to see it discarded in favor of black pants.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

like the idea of adding New England-style piping to the black pants. However, keep them away from the white jerseys. I think the all-white sets looks extremely crisp as is and don't want to see it discarded in favor of black pants.

Baltimore's road uni is numer one on my NFL uni :censored: list. I just can't stand it. I'd like if they added some black or purple to it. I don't mind the all black look, but some stripes on the pants or socks would be nice. The end up looking like ninjas.

i have a pic of the 'skins in all burgandy, but to lazy to upload it to a website

Give it time...you'll see a picture of the all-burgundy 'Skins pop up in the other thread of the same name in the Concepts section... :D

Archived