NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

The Texans have re-joined the fun.

And, I believe, will become the 1st NFL team to now have worn 2 monochrome sets.

The Titans have.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't the Browns have a set of brown pants waiting to be revealed? It is possible that they could go Brown on Brown. I can't decide if that would look good or not?

It would quite literally, look like sh|t.

Imagine the Steelers looking like this ...

242631.jpg

... against the Browns looking like this ...

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

Better get a bucket.

Packers-2.png

battle-red-splash6_01.jpg

battle-red-splash6_02.jpg

All of this mixing and matching of pants and jerseys is getting ridiculous to the point that I think the NFL should mandate something. I mean isn't a team that never wears the same uniform twice dilluting the power of their on the field image. And isn't that more dangerous than say, a player wearing his socks not pulled up (which they are very strict about). I say allow two sets of pants, one for home and one for the road. At the beginning of the season the team chooses which pants will be home and which will be for the road and then are locked into that decision for the rest of the season and will be fined if they stray from their home and away designations.

I would like to see something like that in place for two reasons, number one because like I already said always looking different on the field will dillute your on the field image, maybe not to your home fans but to the rest of the country. And number two because trusting players judgement on what will look good is never a good idea. When you allow the players to decide you get the all-red Cardinals or the all-teal Dolphins or the worst out of them all, the all-light blue Titans. Put some sanctions on what pants they can and can not wear just like their is on every other piece of the uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

All of this mixing and matching of pants and jerseys is getting ridiculous to the point that I think the NFL should mandate something.

I couldn't disagree more.

The LAST Thing the No Fun League needs to do is make more asinine rules about uniform regulations.

I think its pretty weird anyone who was a fan of creativity and a board member here would want that, quite frankly.

Don't the Browns have a set of brown pants waiting to be revealed? It is possible that they could go Brown on Brown. I can't decide if that would look good or not?

242631.jpg

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

Better get a bucket.

They would never see the field together at the same time but i see what you mean. Pretty disgusting match up. The gold/yellow jersey was proposed to be worn only at early season away games in the south when home teams choose to wear white and force the steelers to wear black in the blazing sun. That was its sole purpose, never to be worn at home. It was never realized because at the time alternates couldn't be worn for away games. Now that the rule has changed there hasn't been any more talk about it. I suspect that when rooney saw the monstrosities that are the ravens in all black he changed his mind about having his team in monochrome. He made a statement about how ridiculous the ravens looked because it looked like they were wearing pajamas. Which they do.

The LAST Thing the No Fun League needs to do is make more asinine rules about uniform regulations.

I think its pretty weird anyone who was a fan of creativity and a board member here would want that, quite frankly

Amen brother. There is absoluetly nothing wrong with some teams being creative with their uniforms and changing things up. The fact that it bothers some so much, is really goofy.

Heck, I think the Broncos should have orange pants, the Jags should actually wear their teal pants sometime, the Saints should get a vegas gold (or whatever gold they actually wear that would match their gold pants) alternate and the Bucs should get pewter alternate jerseys too.

Heck, this league needs to lighten up (and has finally lightened up in this regard in the past 7-8 years or so). Its still too conservative and stodgy on some things. This should not be one of them.

Its fine for Green Bay or a Pittsburgh to be "traditional" with their uniforms. But, it should also be fine for a Tennessee or a Jacksonville to not be.

All of this mixing and matching of pants and jerseys is getting ridiculous to the point that I think the NFL should mandate something.

I think its pretty weird anyone who was a fan of creativity and a board member here would want that, quite frankly.

I'm not anti monochrome football uniforms, that isn't what I'm saying. I like some of them such as Seattle, Baltimore, Jacksonville because each one of those have elements from the jersey or helmet that are concurrent with the pants and thus fit together nicely. And I am a fan of creativity, creativity in design and most of these monochromatic uniforms we're seeing aren't designed to be used to together. I'll use the bears all-blue as an example. They've got the pants stripe that doesn't match the sleeve stripes which don't match the sock stripes. I might be able accept it if the pants striping was white-orange white, and if they had worn the blue striped socks rather than the white. But as it is the Bears monochromatic look was a jumbled set with three different striping schemes. Other examples of this include the titans with navy blue jerseys/navy blue pants (a solid light blue stripe down the sleeve that doesn't match the blue-white-blue stripe on the pants). It would be better (IMO, of course) if teams weren't given an option just like they weren't for the past 50 years or so until it became widely accepted to wear your away pants with your home jersey(what a concept).

Maybe my point is that there is no need for the Texans to have a set of red pants when all they needed to do to look great was to wear their blue pants

texans.png

And I'm hoping they don't wear the red socks with the red jersey and red pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

242631.jpg

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

Better get a bucket.

Pee AND poo!

rangersCBSig.gif

Archived