Dolphins-Steelers

rainmaker17

I'll say this, though: switching from natural grass to anything artificial (or at least not 100% genuine) is gonna be a hard sell on the Rooneys as well as the hardest of the core Steeler nation. This whole place, the football tradition, the legacy--all of it is founded on old-school principles, one of which is playing hard-nosed, bang-em-in-the-mouth football in whatever conditions exist, rain, sleet, snow, mud, torrential downpours--just like in the "good ol' days". That's something the Steeler organization embraces...it all adds to the allure of what "Steelers" is all about.

Old school principles, like playing on AstroTurf during the Steelers period of greatest success, for example?

Damn, I really wanted to be the one to point out that wee bit of irony.

So that stuff they used to play on was turf, was it?

At most, they may have switched to a newer generation of artificial surface toward the end of their Three Rivers run, but I'm pretty sure it was old school "pool table felt over a parking lot" turf the whole time.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived