Houston Astros New Jersey

cjbraun

Very nice idea. I like how you manipulated the existing star. Very cool.

However, it doesn't look right with the script on the jersey(too big and not proportional), and on the cap it reminds me of the houston oilers.(intentional, b/c it's Houston?) Cool though. Honestly, I don't see a color change, but I definitely like the concept.

Just a general tip about how you are posting your concepts. I don't know what you are using to design them, but I would bet it has a crop tool. Please use it. You have WAY to much white space around your concept.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think it's a decent idea. However, it needs to flesh out into it's own full-redesign concept. Now, it just looks pressed together, much like the field during last night's football game, lol.

Good idea, but you gotta run with it to make it work.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The A is a really innovative idea - I hate to see it wasted shoehorning it into an existing identity in a way that doesn't fit. The A-star is straight, pointy, and vertical. The Astros script is slanted and curvey. The two just don't go well together. I don't know, perhaps it could be a new secondary or tertiary logo. Maybe you could design a jersey with just the A-star on the front without it being too simple. As a cap logo its not bad, although cap monograms should be of the city and not the nickname. Keep working, it doesn't go with the existing concept, but could be the base of something new and impressive.

LT

Another little tip, refrain from the self recognition "It's pretty sweet!". Leave that to us. ;-)

Exactly. All of this guys "concepts" have him C+C'ing it in the title, which is sort of annoying, especially since it is most definetely not sweet. I am curious to know if you actually think getting an image from sportslogos.net, barely changing it, and calling it "sweet" is a successful concept. I really think this forum is for more creative designs than that.

That is quite possibly the sloppiest execution of an idea I have ever seen on this board. Congratulations! I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

You really aren't helping him by saying this. And we've all seen Billy Madison before, so if you're going to still the quotes, please give credit where credit is due.

Anyway, I'm just not a huge fan of this concept. Apart from their font, I instantly thought "Phillies" when I first saw this one. Also, the sleeve patch looks really out of place. The logo is filled with the tan colour, yet no tan appears on the uniform. I would try to get rid of the sleeve patch and incorporate some tan into the wordmark and/or number font on the uniform. I do like the idea of the logo, because as gingerbreadmann said, it reminds me of the Houston Oilers.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That is quite possibly the sloppiest execution of an idea I have ever seen on this board. Congratulations! I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

You really aren't helping him by saying this. And we've all seen Billy Madison before, so if you're going to still the quotes, please give credit where credit is due.

Wasn't claiming it as my own and felt, in fact, that since most knew where it was from and therefore didn't really need to put in citation in it. And when you put your own glowing criticism of your own design in the topic title, deal with what people say. It wasn't a personal judgement of the guy, and later on it the thread we even shared a laugh. :D

Wasn't claiming it as my own and felt, in fact, that since most knew where it was from and therefore didn't really need to put in citation in it. And when you put your own glowing criticism of your own design in the topic title, deal with what people say. It wasn't a personal judgement of the guy, and later on it the thread we even shared a laugh. :D

Ok, so just because he thinks his concept is somewhat good, and you know it's not, you think it's better for yourself and him to just make fun of the concept, rather than offer any constructive criticism?

If you don't have anything nice to say, just leave the 'Concept' forum area, please.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Ok, so just because he thinks his concept is somewhat good, and you know it's not, you think it's better for yourself and him to just make fun of the concept, rather than offer any constructive criticism?

If you don't have anything nice to say, just leave the 'Concept' forum area, please.

Generally, my criticism is constructive. One time I write something not too constructive, when in fact it did kind of fit, and you jump on my case. His feelings weren't hurt, so why don't you just ignore my comments if you don't like them. They weren't even directed at you.

Now, can the topic just get back on track?

Archived