Sign in to follow this  
EddieJ1984

Phillies get a 3rd uniform, finally

check out my blog, it has all the new jerseys and patches for 08 even the phillies one

Dude, you can't be doing this, i believe. MLB has been pretty tight lipped about stuff like this. The same issue happened last year when Arizona's were leaked out last september.

Just as a future reference, if anyone does get stuff like this, keep your mouths closed, casue peope can lose their media/whatever it is called.

Thanks for reading.

well to let u know, i got all them pic from this site about a month or so ago....it wasnt me who leeked them

you may not have originally, but you are now

^ YEa and especially considering tomorrow we will see it officialy anyways, so we all can wait.

The Tigers had a solid blue top with the new -- at the time -- logo of the tiger walking through the D. I think they wore it once. I spoke to John McHale, the president at the time, and he said he didn't like it "because it just didn't look like the Tigers."

I asked if that meant the blue jerseys in the team shop would be on sale, and he just laughed.

Didn't the Cards have a red alt at one point?

sr1v.jpg

I believe that was just their BP jersey.

When those were introduced during the 1998 update, LaRussa said these would be the BPs, but that they might occasionally use them in a game as well. In a game around Labor Day 1999, they wore these (or ones exactly like them) and then auctioned off after the game as a "Shirt off our backs" charity auction. To date, that is the only time they've worn something other than their regular home whites or road grays.

They wore it more than once in 1998, seriously. I remember that season and I saw clips of Mcgwire wearing it, and not during batting practice.

This will be broadcast live on phillies.com and mlb.com tomorrow, incidentally.. since I work there and just set up the feed myself. :D

Didn't the Cards have a red alt at one point?

sr1v.jpg

I believe that was just their BP jersey.

When those were introduced during the 1998 update, LaRussa said these would be the BPs, but that they might occasionally use them in a game as well. In a game around Labor Day 1999, they wore these (or ones exactly like them) and then auctioned off after the game as a "Shirt off our backs" charity auction. To date, that is the only time they've worn something other than their regular home whites or road grays.

They wore it more than once in 1998, seriously. I remember that season and I saw clips of Mcgwire wearing it, and not during batting practice.

Okay, let's not forget that the Cardinals still have an alternate cap, worn for each Sunday game.

I'm sort of disappointed about this new jersey from the standpoint that the old alternate hat is being scrapped. Not that I loved 'star in P', but it was unique in that they wore it only for interleague, as I know most of you are aware. To my knowledge, they were the only team to do that in MLB. Would be nice to see the new unis used the same way, for interleague home games. But I'm sure it's going to be a Sunday thing--I can feel it.

Now I'll never know for sure if the Phils would have used 'star in P' if they had made the WS.

PS- I think they decided they had to go with the no pinstripe to make the blue and red hat work. It would not have looked right with red pinstripes.

They went with the non-pinstripe look because it's truer to the actual design that these are based on, though I agree it would have looked odd with the red (pink) pinstripe unis.

For the last time (actuall not - I'm going to keep complaining about this as long as I can) they need to switch to raglan style sleeves and go with the Yankees-style zig-zag pinstripes so that they will 1. not have stripe-mismatch issues and 2. have RED stripes as opposed to candy cane pink.

As a die-hard Phillies fan, I must tell you that I love the new look. I am glad they went back to the 1948 uni....love them.

Back looks like this.

newuni_4.jpg

(photo courtesy philly.com)

EDIT: Wait a second, they're wearing blue caps for all home day games. Doesn't this sound familiar? (1994 springs to mind)

check out my blog, it has all the new jerseys and patches for 08 even the phillies one

Dude, you can't be doing this, i believe. MLB has been pretty tight lipped about stuff like this. The same issue happened last year when Arizona's were leaked out last september.

Just as a future reference, if anyone does get stuff like this, keep your mouths closed, casue peope can lose their media/whatever it is called.

Just went to check out that blog, and:

This Account Has Been Suspended

Maybe MLB found out....

Back looks like this.

newuni_4.jpg

(photo courtesy philly.com)

EDIT: Wait a second, they're wearing blue caps for all home day games. Doesn't this sound familiar? (1994 springs to mind)

Those numbers are way too goofy looking for my taste. I've always hated them.

This whole set looks terrible. I never realized how important the pin stripes are for this design. I don't like these one bit. I hope this isn't a permenant change.

I like these alot...something different, a nice break from the usual white pinstripes and grays. At least they didnt do a red alternate. Hopefully this isnt just for this year though. Begs another question...if they make the playoffs again, and get jammed with all the lousy time slots again, will they wear these for home playoff day games?

S2UTaOJG.jpg

Very nice, but the red undershirt kills the neck piping.

Wow, I digg. The cap kinda yells Cubs roadie, but the cream jersey looks brilliant.