Phillies get a 3rd uniform, finally

BadSeed84

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the back I go from gorgeous to "eh... I'd hit it." The Phils love that font, but it doesn't work on these. They needed to switch to a more authentic font like this:

BSPH48H01_W.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

check out my blog, it has all the new jerseys and patches for 08 even the phillies one

Dude, you can't be doing this, i believe. MLB has been pretty tight lipped about stuff like this. The same issue happened last year when Arizona's were leaked out last september.

Just as a future reference, if anyone does get stuff like this, keep your mouths closed, casue peope can lose their media/whatever it is called.

Just went to check out that blog, and:

This Account Has Been Suspended

Maybe MLB found out....

ummmm my account has not been suspended, im right here lol so.....

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Crappy blogsters aside, I really like this. It's odd not seeing the Phillies in pinstripes at home, but it looks clean and really, really sharp. I love the blue hats, have always loved the blue hats (even own one from their first go-round in '94).

I agree with the undershirt (blue would be better), and the number font. Personally, I prefer the block font they had in the 50's and 60's to what they have now -- the current one is very goofy.

Still, it's very nice.

philly.png

The new jerseys are only available in coolbase? Will they even be making a standard version?

I have been so fascinated by the jerseys that I forgot to mention the caps. I love them. I didn't in '94, because they clashed so badly with the red pinstripes, but with this jersey they look great. I will probably buy one, but I have a hard time finding caps that fit me. I also agree with those who say they should wear blue undershirts with these.

BTW, when I was discussing the nuances of this jersey with my wife she said the following: "You are rediculously obsessed with this jersey stuff and what looks good and what doesn't. Like I care about the difference between cream and white. I married such a nerd."

I have been so fascinated by the jerseys that I forgot to mention the caps. I love them. I didn't in '94, because they clashed so badly with the red pinstripes, but with this jersey they look great. I will probably buy one, but I have a hard time finding caps that fit me. I also agree with those who say they should wear blue undershirts with these.

BTW, when I was discussing the nuances of this jersey with my wife she said the following: "You are rediculously obsessed with this jersey stuff and what looks good and what doesn't. Like I care about the difference between cream and white. I married such a nerd."

I agree with you 1994 assessment. The blue did not go with the pinstripe. I love this look..so much crisper....Death to all Pinstripes.

Wait a second ... a Phillies home uniform that doesn't make them look pink? I never thought I'd see a non-maroon Phillies uniform that I didn't think was ugly with a capital P-H, but these are terrific uniforms. I don't know about the blue cap, but otherwise this is what the Phillies should look like full time if they're going to continue to insist on not dressing in maroon pinstripes. I even don't hate the crappy number font on this jersey; it's amazing what you can improve just by removing the pink pinstripes from a man's shirt.

20082614447.png

Seeing the back I go from gorgeous to "eh... I'd hit it." The Phils love that font, but it doesn't work on these. They needed to switch to a more authentic font like this:

BSPH48H01_W.jpg

I love it.

I also love those jerseys here below (only the road unis):

nl_1937_philadelphia.gif

nl_1938_philadelphia.gif

Did you noticed this 1946 odd collar? It's not the same than the 1948 one.

nl_1946_philadelphia.gif

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

From Wikipedia:

Another uniform controversy arose in 1994 when the Phillies introduced blue caps on Opening Day which were to be worn for home day games only. The caps were unpopular with the players, who considered them bad luck after two losses. The caps were dumped after being used on the field for a month.

I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself and these are ditched.

The Phils should've gone back to the Schimdt-era uniforms.

Seeing the back I go from gorgeous to "eh... I'd hit it." The Phils love that font, but it doesn't work on these.

Agreed. I don't like that font on the primaries and I like it even less on this set.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

So I go into modell's today and low and behold they were wheeling out a rack of the new jerseys! They had it in replica in utley or howard, I got utley.

Usually I don't like how the replica's have a generic block font, but it kinda looks good on this jersey, it was $79.99, but lo and behold my bday is saturday, so modells mailed me the other day a 15% off coupon, so I paid around 68 bucks, definatly love it.

^ Nice, Eddie. I agree with you about the block font on the Phils replicas, I cannot stand it and it makes no sense. But for these the block font probably works better anyway, so there you go.

Archived