What happened to the Dolphins aqua pants?

dennisbergan

Did they lose them? Did Saban burn them when he took over? To see them in that boring-a** white helmet/white jersey/white pants combo, game after game after game, is ridiculous. They have, by far, the softest uniforms in the league (complete with aqua socks and white shoes), and I have no idea why they keep trotting out this look. Bring out the aqua pants and give the team a little color. When you are 0-11, might as well do something different. The stripes on both pants are too busy, but at least it would be better than all white, all the time.

Aren't the Phins supposed to have a redesign in uniforms soon? They need them badly. Those are boring uniforms on a bad, boring team.

And, is there any reason why the Ravens never wear their black pants with their white or purple jerseys? To only wear them with their black jerseys, is kinda odd. Maybe its considered too "flashy" for conservative Billick. When they finally send him packing soon, maybe the next coach will change some things in Baltimore......like having a team with a watchable offense.

As far as I know, Nick Saban did away with the Aqua pants... (If I recall, they were only wearing them for away games anyway prior to him becoming head coach)

Why they have not returned this year I don't know... Geez, they've got nothing to "lose" so they should bring them back or break out those alternate Orange jerseys for that matter!

As for the Ravens not wearing Black pants with the road uniform.. That is Billick's decision. (I had emailed the Ravens a few years ago asking just that question and that is what I was told)

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Ravens black pants/black jerseys started out as a one-time alt that was auctioned off for charity after they wore them the first time.

Remember, they wore black pants with both jerseys their first year of existance and wore black pants on the road for at least year two (and maybe year three as well). Since that was before the team started their up-swing they probably don't want to revisit the "bad old days" - which may be why Billick is against the look.

Since that was before the team started their up-swing they probably don't want to revisit the "bad old days" - which may be why Billick is against the look.

The Ravens are heading back to their "bad old days", with no QB, a boring offense and a old team, so maybe its time to change things up.

Purple jerseys and solid black pants would be a very nice change-up look for the Ravens at home. Maybe the next head coach will be different.

Archived