Carolina Panthers - White jersey, silver pants

Badge Man

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Panthers never had black pants or carolina blue pants even on the drawing board. Its only silver and white.

Here's something interesting for you. I have two game-worn jerseys from their first year in the league. The patch on both is a different blue than the shoulder striping. This was true all the way down to the "authentics" that were made that year.

another interesting find going thru the older dates, is how the cut of the jerseys and sleeve lenghts have made the sleeve stripes be altered over the years.

Yeah I think that Steve Smith is the only player on the team that actually has his shoulder stripes reach all away around touching at the middle seam on the side of his jersey. How dare he violate Reebok uniform policy of having such a thing!

The Panthers never had black pants or carolina blue pants even on the drawing board. Its only silver and white.

Wrong....This was their prototype they were gauging when the NFL awarded Carolina a franchise.

Prototype-Panthers.jpg

another interesting find going thru the older dates, is how the cut of the jerseys and sleeve lenghts have made the sleeve stripes be altered over the years.

Yeah I think that Steve Smith is the only player on the team that actually has his shoulder stripes reach all away around touching at the middle seam on the side of his jersey. How dare he violate Reebok uniform policy of having such a thing!

Wrong....This was their prototype they were gauging when the NFL awarded Carolina a franchise.

Prototype-Panthers.jpg

Wow... apparently their are some "documents" Pantha hasn't seen.

I believe several Panthers' tapers werap all the way around. Ken Lucas is one, and I've seen quite a few others. Now, those two running backs, on the other hand...those "tapers" look more like the truncated shoulder "loops" seen on the Colts' and, to a degree, the Jets' jseseys.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I was talking about this while watching the Patriots game last year. I would love the Patriots to go the silver pants white shirt look. I can't remember them doing it once they went to the navy blue set.

I actually spoke with a Patriots official about this once. He told me that it's very unlikely that the Pats would ever go white on silver because 1) the team doesn't think it's good look with the current uniform set, and 2) the players really like wearing the navy pants on the road.

Now, this conversation was a few years ago, so I guess anything is possible now. But back then, he was pretty certain we wouldn't see it.

That's a shame. I think it would look classy, but then again, what do I know.

There was talk of a new alternate for 09, I'm wondering if that is still on the table.

Yea supposedly it is supposed to be the reds they wore back in the 80s or so OR a red version of the current set they have now. All to celebrate their 50th season (1960-2009) NOT the 50th anniversary but knowing how most teams celebrate team anniversaries.......

Archived