New Hampshire Fisher Cats' new look

Blackjack76

Why couldn't they have just been the Primaries like they originally planned? :cry:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't believe they dumped the team's original, customized font - which was meant to evoke birch bark - for this generic, curlicue crap. I also preferred the original color scheme. The new palette strikes me as being too bright.

Finally, the general layout of new primary logo does hew a bit too close to that of the New Britain Rock Cats for my liking. About the only thing I like in the new package is the "Fisher Cat Eyes" logo... and it strikes me that it is only a matter of time before said logo winds up on a cap similar to that of the Lake Elsinore Storm.

In my opinion, a significant downgrade.

I still hate the name, to be honest, but I think this is a better set than their old one. Give me Uncle Sam calling his shot over either any day, though ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well if they set out to create a logo that'll probably sell fewer merchandise and look more "minor league" then well mission accomplished... I really liked the old logo, I even bought a few Fisher Cats items in the past because of it.

Not a fan of the new look.

Anyways, they're up on the site... New Hampshire Fisher Cats Logos

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I can't say anything else that you guys haven't said. Their other logo set was so much nicer and original. If they wanted to shy away from the colors or dark brown, dark green and black... I could understand. But, the logos were awesome. Maybe only a color update (if possible) would've worked. My guess is "It's more kid friendly, wait 'til you see the new mascot!!"

I wonder if something is up with royalty payments or something. Do different designers settle for less of a percentage? Or is a logo design a flat fee regardless of merchandise sales?

Archived