Sign in to follow this  
IronChefShark

Tampa Bay Rays unveil St. Petersburg ballpark design

NICE!!!! DEATH TO RETRO BRICK BULL:censored:!!!!!

Word.

I like it. It looks 1000 times better than the Trop. The new downtown area looks nice too.

I agree with the comments on the wiring system, not perfect, but then its another quirk to the park, just like every other park has its own features.

2 questions:

Anyone know if Tropicana will take up the naming rights? Perhaps "(New) Tropicana at Al Lang"?

and

I wonder what impact this will have on the St. Petersburg Grand Prix?

I wonder what impact this will have on the St. Petersburg Grand Prix?

It would definitely have to be re-routed as part of the track would have a baseball stadium on top of it. :P

But I have a feeling it would probably kill the Grand Prix altogether. As a resident of downtown St. Pete I can tell you that having three straights days of not being able to sleep due to noise has not gone over well with the locals here and the days of the Grand Prix are already numbered. That and I don't think it makes much money either. I'm surprised its lasted as long as it has.

^Well I expected a change, but I see what your saying on the event as a whole. Shame, but this new project brings more to the area thank just a spike in takings.

BTW this Creek thing on the old Trop site looks interesting.

Looks great to me. I have been to Tropicana three times and it is the weirdest place to watch a baseball game. Their is so much gray everywhere and it is so quiet. A lot of the minor league parks down in Florida have a better atmosphere. I hope that this gets done because it would really help the city and the team.

Looks great to me. I have been to Tropicana three times and it is the weirdest place to watch a baseball game. Their is so much gray everywhere and it is so quiet. A lot of the minor league parks down in Florida have a better atmosphere. I hope that this gets done because it would really help the city and the team.

It is quite, because whenever I'm watching the Blue Jays game when their playing down there you can always here that one guy in the stans cherping everyone.

some of the stuff he says is pretty funny though.

Hopefully this new ball park does help the Rays out a liltle bit attendance wise.

So who is taking bets on which stadium is built first or if any of them will be built at all: Oakland, Tampa Bay or Florida.

So who is taking bets on which stadium is built first or if any of them will be built at all: Oakland, Tampa Bay or Florida.

I'll say..

1. Oakland (2011)

2. Tampa Bay (2012)

3. Florida (???)

The Marlins have to vacate Dolphin Stadium by 2010 at the latest, so I assume that if they do not show progress very soon, that Huizenga will not be willing to work with them on any kind of extension.