Ottawa Goaltender Situation

cjbraun

The Ottawa Senators have a pretty big decision to make. Which goalie to put in net? Gerber had an amazing start to the season but has faltered of late, and Emery has not looked the same since wrist surgery. Will they trade one of these goalies or use both for the whole year? I personally think they should keep gerber and trade emery for some draft picks. I think gerber is more solid down the road even though Emery is younger, he is too streaky.

What do you think on this situation?

1412.gifseattle.gifcanucks.gifboston.gifbc.gif

They should keep both. If they wish to make another push for the cup they need to be able to roll two capible goalies, one with playoff experience while the other...erm...can win games to get you to the playoffs? Offensively they are set, they could use another D-man but the cost may be too high. Mind you, I'd love to see Ottawa trade a goalie and then watch the starter go down, but from a non-bias point of view, they would be stupid to until one of them emerges as a started near the trade deadline.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm more interested to see what happens with Detroit's "situation".

They need to get rid of Hasek while he still has some value. Osgood is a very capable keeper with plenty of playoff experience, and very underrated too. I don't know why the Wings got rid of him in the first place.

If Gerber is running hot they may as well keep playing him. The trouble is both guys are pulling starting contracts, who has space to add a new starting goalie?

I personally can't believe that teams keep bringing back Hasek. I figured after he hurt himself after the Olympics that was it...yet Ottawa and Detroit kept him around...he WAS a great goalie...but he's in his 40's. Few if any players are able to be a worthwhile player into their 40's

They need to get rid of Hasek while he still has some value. Osgood is a very capable keeper with plenty of playoff experience, and very underrated too. I don't know why the Wings got rid of him in the first place.

They got rid of Osgood in the first place because they got Hasek in July 2001 and didn't need Osgood anymore.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

My thoughts entirely. They just need to get rid of Hasek so I don't have to hope for a goaltender injury every game. I can't stand the guy. Osgood's leading the league in GAA and is 10-1-1 or something along those lines. Bring up Howard as a backup and trade Hasek for, oh, I don't know, someone not likely to swallow his dentures or soil his Depends on the ice. Granted, Chelios is out there, but I don't wish any physical harm on him.

They should keep both of the goaltenders for now. I know that Gerber has been pretty bad as of late, but what they should do is give Gerber a wake up call by sitting him a few games. Let Emery take the torch for a few games in row to see how things play out then make a decision on who is going to leave or has to leave. I think its going to be Gerber who has to leave because the Sens will be looking towards the future after siging Emery in the summer I think they did, and they just signed Heatley and Spezza to long term deals.

spezzaheatley1.png

Archived