Why no new AFC + NFC logos for next year?

Slickster

It doesn't make sense to me why the NFC/AFC logos will remain the same when the new NFL logo is rolled out next season. They seem to have the same arbitrary problems as the old NFL logo did.

1) Why are there 3 stars on the NFC logo and 6 on the AFC's?

2) Why the generic block serif fonts?

3) Why does it say 'A' and not 'AFC' (or at least explain the acronym)?

4) Why is one red and one blue?

A redesign of the conference logos could provide more marketing potential. Imagine the AFC logo being a modernized AFL logo while the NFC logo is a retro-inspired NFL logo (like from the 1960s).

Differentiating the conference logos can foster a better brand identity for the two conferences while recognizing each conference's respective past.

oakqb4.jpg

It doesn't make sense to me why the NFC/AFC logos will remain the same when the new NFL logo is rolled out next season. They seem to have the same arbitrary problems as the old NFL logo did.

1) Why are there 3 stars on the NFC logo and 6 on the AFC's?

2) Why the generic block serif fonts?

3) Why does it say 'A' and not 'AFC' (or at least explain the acronym)?

4) Why is one red and one blue?

A redesign of the conference logos could provide more marketing potential. Imagine the AFC logo being a modernized AFL logo while the NFC logo is a retro-inspired NFL logo (like from the 1960s).

Differentiating the conference logos can foster a better brand identity for the two conferences while recognizing each conference's respective past.

Well I'd bet the AFC's 6 starts come from the AFL logo...which is the basis for the whole ***A*** to begin with...

Why the NFC is three, IDK, just to be different?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived