Worst nhl all-star jerseys.

Brass

What are the worst NHL All-Star jerseys ever. I know there have been a few different styles, but which one do you guys just hate the most.

I personally hate the jerseys that had the Checkerd Board pattern going down from the collar to the sleeve (Forgot what year that was, think it was either 91-92 or 92-93.)

What do you guys think?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

THose were throwbacks

The 1994 "Star" jerseys (the one the Dallas Stars use now) were and still are the most horrendous things ever to be worn for an all star game

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

What are the worst NHL All-Star jerseys ever. I know there have been a few different styles, but which one do you guys just hate the most.

I personally hate the jerseys that had the Checkerd Board pattern going down from the collar to the sleeve (Forgot what year that was, think it was either 91-92 or 92-93.)

What do you guys think?

wasn't a checkerboard, just alternating stripes.  the worst ones IMO were the first North America vs World ones, and this is considering there aren't really any bad ones.  Just the lesser of many goods.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I didn't mind the "star jerseys" from the Western Conference in black & purple, I even own one, but those Eastern ones in white & teal? The worst of all.

I was also never a big fan of the Millennium "turn ahead the clock" style worn in Toronto in 2000 and Denver in 2001.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The ones with a thin stripe across the chest with a mini nhl logo. One was white and orange, the other was navy and white. Completely out of style. Plus, one jersey (orange i think) had the players name below the number and the navy one had a shirt or polo collar.

And to express a little optimism, i think this year`s all-star jerseys are the best.

Those were the ones that spyboy was talking about, I believe, except they were blue and red.  The worst part of those is that while the skaters wore the coloured jerseys, the goalies wore white.  Not having gone through all of the All-Star jerseys, I'd say those were the worst I've seen.

I liked the star jerseys, myself.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The ones with a thin stripe across the chest with a mini nhl logo. One was white and orange, the other was navy and white. Completely out of style. Plus, one jersey (orange i think) had the players name below the number and the navy one had a shirt or polo collar.

And to express a little optimism, i think this year`s all-star jerseys are the best.

Those are my pick for it.

The style worn in 2000 and 2001 I felt was the worst. 2002 was bad because you couldn't tell the teams apart on t.v. Reddish-Purple vs Blueish Purple.

Chris, I'm shocked.  I would've thought you'd say those were the best considering that they were the jerseys worn in 2000 at Toronto.

Personally, the brutal ones were the 1998, 1999 jerseys.  The perspective striping was cool, but that was all it had going for it.  Different colors could've saved those.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

i know it is the NHL colors, but black vs. orange would just look really odd on the ice to me

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The style worn in 2000 and 2001 I felt was the worst. 2002 was bad because you couldn't tell the teams apart on t.v. Reddish-Purple vs Blueish Purple.

Chris, I'm shocked. I would've thought you'd say those were the best considering that they were the jerseys worn in 2000 at Toronto.

Personally, the brutal ones were the 1998, 1999 jerseys. The perspective striping was cool, but that was all it had going for it. Different colors could've saved those.

Well he is being honest the 2000 NHL ASG uniforms were awful they looked more like soccer uniforms too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

True.  I thought they were cool...just the North American ones were.  So does this mean that the NHL is nixing the two-year jersey idea?

One more thing about the 2000 jerseys.  I liked the change of the referees jerseys!  If someone can find a pic of those, I thought they looked very cool.

Also, I liked those black and orange jerseys.  I wonder what they'd look like using that platnum logo?

BTW, the "Star" jerseys were an awesome idea, just in the wrong colors.

True. I thought they were cool...just the North American ones were. So does this mean that the NHL is nixing the two-year jersey idea?

Maybe not.  You might see these jerseys back again next year, only the Western jersey will be blue instead of green.  And maybe the Eastern jersey will be the dark jersey.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

i actually liked the jerseys used in toronto (2000) and denver (2001). they were the best all-star jerseys of all time imo. it was unique how the world team had the different collor and the names under the numbers. i also liked the fact that the goalies had different jerseys then the rest of their respective teams. being a goalie i can tell you that you really are your own team out there. you cant reley on anyone but yourself when you get down to it, so i thought it was a nice touch to give the goalies different jerseys.

the worst would be the teal star jerseys the east wore.

I think if they bring back the Campbell and Wales conference, If they put those conference logos on the jerseys... That would look uber-sweet... I always liked those logos over the crap Eastern/Western logos....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived