Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Steve Francis:

t_23312.jpg

I guess rockets would be the right team for him?

yep, i always think of Franchise as a rocket.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

YES. I do not associate A.I. with this uniform at all. Hell, I barely associate him with the Red-White-&-Blue color scheme at all since he only wore it for a year or two in his early days. The logo identity that the Sixers used before this one could truly be defined as the Iverson Era.

On a similar note, I don't associate Bill Walton with the classic black, diagonal-striped Blazers jerseys:

1252489.jpg

Hell, I didn't even know he stuck around with Portland long enough to wear those. I've always associated him with the red jerseys with vertical type, or even his Celtics jerseys.

Mets reliever Tim Brydak

AtGyllECAAAiR17.jpg

There's plenty more where that came from (the team all wore hockey jerseys on the flight to Toronto; they play the Blue Jays this weekend):

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151746316245078.869267.94421890077&type=1

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-players-show-off-their-hockey-jerseys-1.3724791#7

https://twitter.com/#!/Mets

My faves have to be Jason Bay rocking the Whale, David Wright with a District 5 Ducks jersey, and Jon Rauch with a Syracuse Bulldogs (Slap Shot) jersey.

IeHVybT.png

Say what you want about this team, they may not be that good, but these Mets are real likeable. A few weeks ago they went in a Cowboy motiff to Houston.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How does that make them likable? Not that it has the opposite effect but I don't think a team playing dress up to fly to away games makes them any more likable than any other team

Shows a human/fun side of them. The more people (customers) get to know these athletes the more willing they are to like them then in turn spend $$$ on the Mets.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

How does that make them likable? Not that it has the opposite effect but I don't think a team playing dress up to fly to away games makes them any more likable than any other team

Shows a human/fun side of them. The more people (customers) get to know these athletes the more willing they are to like them then in turn spend $$$ on the Mets.

Good on the Mets to be Rays wanna-bes.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Yeah, I actually agree with that. People are that stupid.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Yeah, I actually agree with that. People are that stupid.

Yeah, just look at the signature and avatars around here. :rolleyes:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Jim Abbot

jim-abbott.jpg

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.