Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Well...not a legend.

But I'm sure most of us picture Drew Gooden in a Jayhawks uni, or a Cavs uni. And most of us picture him without hair.

What about the Grizzlies,

hwgooden.jpg

or Magic?

DGoodenMagic.jpg

(And for anyone who might be interested, he got his current, kind of odd, uni number by combining his former NBA uni numbers)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Sometimes a baseball player who is known for only one team becomes a coach with another team. This can make for some weird-looking pictures, as Gothamite showed several pages back with his Ruth-Dodgers shot.

Note that a player's becoming a coach for a team that he otherwise would not have been associated with is different from his becoming a manager , simply because we see the managers much more, and remember them better. So, for example, while Ted Williams in a Senators uni is indeed a bit askew, we have all seen images of it enough times to get used to it.

But coaches are another story.

Joe D. as an A's coach in 1968 or 1969, with Reggie Jackson

joed.jpg

Yogi as an Astros coach, c. 1986 (With adjustable caps? Maybe spring training?)

09F.jpg

Willie Stargell as a Braves coach, c.1988, with Dale Murphy

8f_1.JPG

Luke Appling as a Braves coach, c.1986, also with Dale Murphy

02_1.JPG

Bob Gibson as a Met coach, 1981

4861.jpg

And soon there will be another addition to this list, once we are subjected to the ridiculous sight of Don Mattingly in a Dodger uniform.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Karl Malone as a Laker. Not only our Mailman left, but he went to one of our hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated (you get it) rivals. Ugggh. Watching that happen was like having a dagger thrust into my back, then my head getting blown off with a rocket launcher.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

During that one off-season before Deion Sanders became a member of the Washington Redskins, he did a photo shoot for a video game company that was going to feature him on the cover of their product. At the time, no one knew which team he would play for, but it was down to about five teams. The video game company went ahead and had Sanders pose in each of the uniforms of the five potential suitors, with the plan to use the one of the team that he eventually would play for.

I know that one of the photos that was taken of Sanders was of him in a Miami Dolphins uniform.

Does anyone else know of the other team uniforms that he wore? Anyone ever SEE any of these? I remember vaguely that the photos were kept under tight wrap.

Anyway, if this has already been discussed here (or elsewhere), or if I have some (or all) of the facts wrong, I humbly apologize. I already know that I don't post here as much as some of you, and I don't read every thread.

Felix Potvin as an Islander (Canucks, Kings, and Bruins were wrong too but the Islanders looked the oddest to me)

86hvomw.png

Especially the number... 55 for a goalie (though he did change to 28 later)

Is he even wearing his body armor in this pic?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Here are a couple more:

GarthBrooks.jpg

gilmour1226.jpg

Ah Garth.......just stick to the music man, at least your good at that!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)