(far left)

I'll raise you Brett Hull on the Flames

one_bhull01.jpg

I see your Flames and call:

RackMultipart.5488.0_display_image.jpg?1260912346

I'm going all in with Cooperalls

BrettHull-PentictonVeesCooperalls.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Culpepper

sp_raiders24_286_pc.jpg

I actually got a Raiders Daunte Culpepper jersey for like 30 bucks two years after he was gone.

Wow... you got ripped off.

Ha. I didn't care, I just wanted a Raiders jersey with the number 8 on it.

And you're a Patriots fan? That makes sense. :wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

Culpepper

sp_raiders24_286_pc.jpg

I actually got a Raiders Daunte Culpepper jersey for like 30 bucks two years after he was gone.

There's a lot of weird "fans" like that on this site. There are people who have like ten favorite teams in each league, including rivals of each other, and they just like whichever of those teams are doing best at the time. It doesn't really make sense, but I guess to each his own.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Culpepper

sp_raiders24_286_pc.jpg

There's a lot of weird "fans" like that on this site. There are people who have like ten favorite teams in each league, including rivals of each other, and they just like whichever of those teams are doing best at the time. It doesn't really make sense, but I guess to each his own.

Father is (was) a devout Raiders fan (from Maine. It's a long story). Raiders are the only other NFL team I like.

In case you're wondering, yes, the Tuck Rule Game was conflicting. Very conflicting.

spacer.png

<Luongo in an Isles jersey>

one of many milbury trades that pissed me off. Kvasha and Parrish was nowhere near worth getting to give up Jokinen and Luongo. Had they kept Luongo then they wouldn't have had a need to draft DiPietro. :mad:

Milbury actually drafted him because they wanted Dipietro, not the other way around (sorry if I'm misinterpreting and you already knew that).

Phil_Kessel_and_Bruins.jpg

tongue.gif Seriously, though, I associate his days in Boston with the above Edge set. It sure seems odd to see him in this:

opc_collect-albums-opc-collect-picture276-2006-07-upper-deck-series-1-young-guns-phil-kessel-rookie.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

<Luongo in an Isles jersey>

one of many milbury trades that pissed me off. Kvasha and Parrish was nowhere near worth getting to give up Jokinen and Luongo. Had they kept Luongo then they wouldn't have had a need to draft DiPietro. :mad:

Milbury actually drafted him because they wanted Dipietro, not the other way around (sorry if I'm misinterpreting and you already knew that).

Phil_Kessel_and_Bruins.jpg

tongue.gif Seriously, though, I associate his days in Boston with the above Edge set. It sure seems odd to see him in this:

opc_collect-albums-opc-collect-picture276-2006-07-upper-deck-series-1-young-guns-phil-kessel-rookie.gif

As a Bruins fan, I agree. Kessel doesn't look right in a Bruins uniform - any Bruins uniform.

Of course, it helps that most Bruins fans - me included - hate his guts.

spacer.png

378px-Gordie_Howe_Giants-e1290446464509.jpg

Gordie Howe- Vancouver Giants

Things I've learnt from this thread- Gordie Howe has worn just about every possible hockey jersey going, at one time or another.

Gordie also modeled the dark jersey of the (then-) new San Jose Sharks on February 12, 1991. I've been hunting everywhere for a picture of it but have had no luck so far. I remember seeing it on the news when it happened though!

Here's a couple of cool links talking about the expansion San Jose Sharks' jersey unveiling: Part 1 and Part 2

Things I've learnt from this thread- Gordie Howe has worn just about every possible hockey jersey going, at one time or another.

Gordie also modeled the dark jersey of the (then-) new San Jose Sharks on February 12, 1991. I've been hunting everywhere for a picture of it but have had no luck so far. I remember seeing it on the news when it happened though!

Here's a couple of cool links talking about the expansion San Jose Sharks' jersey unveiling: Part 1 and Part 2

gordietheshark.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

gordietheshark.jpg

I bow before your superior searching skills, sir... I was all over the newspaper archives, looking for that pic too. Where'd you find it?

Bobby_Orr_Minnesota.JPG

What apparently happened to get him in the gold and green is hardly what it appears to be. An oldtimers game in Minnesota had been set up, a few years after Orr retired from hockey. It featured former North Stars players versus NHL alumni, and as the story goes, the Minnesota side was short a few players, so Orr decided to don the Minny colours to even the teams up.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

gordietheshark.jpg

I bow before your superior searching skills, sir... I was all over the newspaper archives, looking for that pic too. Where'd you find it?

Someone posted it in this thread back in 2008. I had seen it in the early pages a few weeks ago when I was bored. One search later, there it was.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I knew it! I knew I wasn't crazy and that I had seen this somewhere...

gordietheshark.jpg

Yes, Gordie the Shark! I found this clipping in amongst assorted sports stuff of mine I cleaned out of my dad's house today. File this one under "Gordie will do anything for a photo op"...

Repost for y'all...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg