Players in the "wrong" uniforms

bobby holik as a ranger:

1645768_display_image.jpg?1315623453

he looks odd here.played with them for two years.went to the thrashers. became a captain.then went back to new jersey.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

David Justice - I loved him when he was with Atlanta and the Indians, but the Yankees made him a trader as well with the Athletics. Maybe because I hate the Yankees and any other American League team besides Cleveland and Boston.

sp_justice.jpg

DJOA810P4.jpg

spacer.png

David Justice - I loved him when he was with Atlanta and the Indians, but the Yankees made him a trader as well with the Athletics. Maybe because I hate the Yankees and any other American League team besides Cleveland and Boston.

sp_justice.jpg

DJOA810P4.jpg

??????????

Do you mean "traitor"?

spacer.png

GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul in a Rainbow Guts Astros uniform:

ron_paul_congress_astros_76.jpg

(Fun fact: in the long history of the Congressional baseball game, Paul is the only Congressman to ever hit a home run over the fence. This game is played at a major league park, back then, Memorial Stadium.)

Haha, I love this.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul in a Rainbow Guts Astros uniform:

ron_paul_congress_astros_76.jpg

(Fun fact: in the long history of the Congressional baseball game, Paul is the only Congressman to ever hit a home run over the fence. This game is played at a major league park, back then, Memorial Stadium.)

Haha, I love this.

A man noone would vote for in a uniform noone would wear ;)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Come on, you have to vote for anyone who can pull off the vaunted FNOB. B)

Another fun fact... every Congressman wears the uniform of their home team, supplied by the teams. The teams are GOP vs. DNC.

And another fun fact: the GOP won all 8 games while George W. Bush was president, but the Democrats have won all 3 since Obama took office.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Bobby_Orr_Minnesota.JPG

What apparently happened to get him in the gold and green is hardly what it appears to be. An oldtimers game in Minnesota had been set up, a few years after Orr retired from hockey. It featured former North Stars players versus NHL alumni, and as the story goes, the Minnesota side was short a few players, so Orr decided to don the Minny colours to even the teams up.

Even by numbers? Probably. Even by talent? Not a chance.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Soon:

brewers-t_59224.jpg

Ha...I don't think so. He played enough years, and made enough of an impact for Milwaukee, that if he were to actually be come a Hall of Fame candidate, the Brewers would retire his number. Therefore, he doesn't count as in the "wrong" uniform.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

By the time his contract is up he would have spent more time as a Tiger than a Brewer, possibly hit his 500th and win a World Series or two.

Correct, but most of the players in the "wrong" uniforms lean towards people who have worn a specific jersey for 2 years or less. He'll have worn Milwaukee for six years. It will never look weird.

I'm sure these have all been examples before, but I think they definitely drive home the point:

emmitt-smith.jpg

joe-namath(getty).jpg

bobby-orr(kluetmeier).jpg

hakeem-olajuwon(mcdonough).jpg

jerry-rice(getty).jpg

patrick-ewing(DanLevineTonyRanzeAFPGI).jpg

willie-mays(getty).jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

By the time his contract is up he would have spent more time as a Tiger than a Brewer, possibly hit his 500th and win a World Series or two.

Correct, but most of the players in the "wrong" uniforms lean towards people who have worn a specific jersey for 2 years or less. He'll have worn Milwaukee for six years. It will never look weird.

Wait for the 2022 "Players in the 'wrong' uniforms" thread, and see where sentiment swings then haha. But seriously, Fielder in a Brewers uniform will probably never look weird to current posters, but depending on how his Tigers tenure turns out, future posters will probably associate him almost exclusively with Detroit. It's like how I see Grant Hill. Despite playing more games, and earning more accolades, with the Pistons than with any of his other teams, it's been so long since he's worn a Pistons jersey, I associate him with the Suns more than any other team at this point.

Wait for the 2022 "Players in the 'wrong' uniforms" thread, and see where sentiment swings then haha. But seriously, Fielder in a Brewers uniform will probably never look weird to current posters, but depending on how his Tigers tenure turns out, future posters will probably associate him almost exclusively with Detroit. It's like how I see Grant Hill. Despite playing more games, and earning more accolades, with the Pistons than with any of his other teams, it's been so long since he's worn a Pistons jersey, I associate him with the Suns more than any other team at this point.

Hill has almost spread his time with teams evenly though. Six years in Detroit, six years in Orlando, and four years with Phoenix. Who knows if he'll play two more years, but by the time he retires, he may have been with 3 teams for the exact same number of years.

spacer.png

When it comes to who's worn the most uniforms, Rickey Henderson comes to mind, even though we all associate him with Oakland. If he'd only played for the Giants for just one game, he'd have played for every team in California:

d2ef1e6d-7e86-4279-905f-b3f0661ff25a.jpg

173abc5d-1fa4-4718-8d9d-dc24e1699085.jpg

ce7e2fb1-fe36-4a6e-a682-cdd06688b635.jpg

21481fed-65a3-4074-8d44-dfa6b3eb1d4c.jpg

9a5de082-763b-4977-8f6a-2e399d9aab7c.jpg

e758eff2-730d-4260-9bfa-4400518e5803.jpg

d9cba631-a75a-4ffb-9cea-1a14d594c1db.jpg

49d35385-e16f-4b49-a534-03821c5c6009.jpg

aa5ee88a-5295-4db0-b9fd-1f41ce51c115.jpg

spacer.png