Players in the "wrong" uniforms

LemieuxWBS-120.jpg

Mario Lemieux as a Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguin.

The thing I noticed is that they bothered to give him the "C". Why not let the regular guy keep it, for such a one-off appearance--jersey sales? For additional fun, here's a link to the story behind the picture.

Wayne did it a decade earlier with the Phoenix Roadrunners.

I know this one's a good bit out of the context of the title of this thread, AND...I know this guy ain't exactly a "league-wide" legend...but I'll give FIVE gold stars to the FIRST person who can tell me who THIS is:

260181.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I had to look it up so I'll let the mystery remain. Never knew he played for the Steelers before heading down south for his heyday. Hint: he's probably pretty tight with Brian Urlacher.

This one's easier than Bucco's. Who is this Saints QB?

img7046868.jpg

Would that be Jake Delhomme? I think he wore 9 and 12 while he was in New Orleans.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

I know this one's a good bit out of the context of the title of this thread, AND...I know this guy ain't exactly a "league-wide" legend...but I'll give FIVE gold stars to the FIRST person who can tell me who THIS is:

260181.jpg

I think I might know who this is, just for the fact that for some reason I used to love the number 54 and the Steelers, but is that guy currently a linebackers coach?

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

260181.jpg

That is a easy one, it's Hardy Nickerson.

(**) x5

(because you actually gave a name...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...
JG_2.6.jpg

jason giambi on team USA

I may be alone on this but in that picture, his face kind of reminds me of that of the alien from "Alien: Resurrection."

alien4.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Clint_Courtney-mitt.jpg

bobby thomson (shot heard round the world) as an oriole

P.S. no idea who cares but on his left is clint courtney the first catcher to wear glasses

also juan gonzalez on the royals and tigers t1_gonzalez.jpg

gonzo-det1jpg.jpg

bode miller of the nashua pride (what happened to skiing?)

bodemiller.jpg

soriano.png

scott_gomez2.jpg

7153_500.jpg

scott gomez on the alaska aces

JG_2.6.jpg

jason giambi on team USA

So thats where Gomez went.....I was wondering where he went. He was perhaps the only NJ Devil I ever liked.....

As for Giambi, In the words of Frank from "Everybody Loves Raymond".......HOLY CRAP!! Once upon a time ago, Giambi was mobile enough to play third (I play third somtimes when im not in the outfield - you need more mobility than people think at third) and he was skinny. I honestly couldnt even tell that was Giambi when I looked at that card.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png