Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Most of the contributions so far show players in uniforms of teams that we barely remember them playing for. I thought of two occasions in which movies show players in uniforms of teams that they never played for.

There was the movie Amazing Grace and Chuck (called Silent Voice outside North America), in which Alex English stars as a player for the Boston Celtics. Unfortunately, this is the best photo of him that I could find:

amazinggraceandchuckmontana_vd_188x141_120420091124.jpg

Then there was the great Naked Gun, in which Jay Johnstone is shown playing for the Seattle Mariners. Someone by the name of Matthew Glidden made a 1956 baseball card showing this:

jayjohnstone.png

And here is the wonderful scene, in which Jay faces a pitcher who looks a lot like Mike Witt, as Frank Drebin attempts to impersonate an umpire:

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Most of the contributions so far show players in uniforms of teams that we barely remember them playing for. I thought of two occasions in which movies show players in uniforms of teams that they never played for.

There was the movie Amazing Grace and Chuck (called Silent Voice outside North America), in which Alex English stars as a player for the Boston Celtics. Unfortunately, this is the best photo of him that I could find:

amazinggraceandchuckmontana_vd_188x141_120420091124.jpg

Then there was the great Naked Gun, in which Jay Johnstone is shown playing for the Seattle Mariners. Someone by the name of Matthew Glidden made a 1956 baseball card showing this:

jayjohnstone.png

And here is the wonderful scene, in which Jay faces a pitcher who looks a lot like Mike Witt, as Frank Drebin attempts to impersonate an umpire:

Great idea!

Pete Vukovich in "Major League" as Yankees slugger Clu Haywood:

clu_display_image.jpg

John Kruk as a SF Giant in that horrible Robert DeNiro/Wesley Snipes film "The Fan":

juanprimo4.jpg

$47 million for 10 starts, 3 wins, and 43.1 innings pitched. The Dodgers paid him $361,538.46 for each out recorded while he pitched. Guess who.

20090721_123038_DS21-DOD_500.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

So rare that this was the only picture I could find.

Mike Comrie (should be an Oiler) on the Flyers.

8467964.jpg

and on the Senators

waekk.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

$47 million for 10 starts, 3 wins, and 43.1 innings pitched. The Dodgers paid him $361,538.46 for each out recorded while he pitched. Guess who.

even with the picture i couldn't tell ya.

Jason Schmidt.

still doesn't ring a bell. :therock:

He was a Cy Young winner with the Giants around when Bonds was there doing his thing. I wanna say 2004-2005ish.

EDIT: n/m he never won the Cy Young, he finished 2nd one year.

90758391980.gif

even with the picture i couldn't tell ya.

Jason Schmidt.

still doesn't ring a bell. :therock:

Normally, I'd just say "Goddamn Google him!" but in this case I'll indulge you.

Jason Schmidt. Pretty underwhelming from 1996 to 2000 with the Braves and Pirates, but was lights out in the early 2000s with the Giants, among the best pitchers in the game from 2001 to 2004 (he even one-hit the Red Sox in 2004. The 2004 Red Sox with the 2004 Red Sox' unbelievable lineup.) 2005 he was less good, first time with an ERA over 4.00 during his time in the Bay, but was back to his old self in 2006, even throwing a 16-strikeout game.

The LA Dodgers lured him away from their rival with a monster goddamn deal. 3 years, $47 million.

And of course, the rest is history.

Here's a pic of him in a Pirates uni:

SCHMIDT0005_20100912520.gif

spacer.png