Players in the "wrong" uniforms

wow. hes pretty good.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

wow. hes pretty good.

He was pretty good. Injuries got him when he was with Los Angeles, and zpqmaowl has said, he recorded only three wins and pitched in 43.1 innings. For $47 million.

Which is why you don't give 35 year olds $47 million contracts, no matter how good they were.

He retired after the 2009 season.

spacer.png

57055820_display_image.jpg?1280367654

ept_sports_nhl_experts-648348106-1261078322.jpg?ymysBYCDX8cQHFH2

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Oil Can Boyd was an Expo?

16916813_BG1.jpg

I saw him pitch against the Braves one time. I was like 6 or 7 at the time, and not only did his name amuse me...I was laughing at him because he had a .100 batting average at the time (I was a big baseball fan, but didn't quite realize at the time that pitchers weren't such good hitters)....

Saw this picture from 1981, of Gary Carter and Ozzie Smith, with Smith in Garvey era Padres gear.

tumblr_lzihtd3p221qca3yro1_500.png

That is a fantastic image, but Carter in a retro 'Spos uniform is not Carter in a wrong uniform.

He has two uniforms. 80s Mets and 80s Expos.

spacer.png

Read what i said above the picture.

padres-ozzie-smith.jpg

That help?

In that case, I still disagree. While of course Ozzie's first and foremost uniform is of course the Cardinals, he doesn't look "wrong", so to speak, in Garvey-era Padres garb.

At least in my view.

spacer.png

57055820_display_image.jpg?1280367654

ept_sports_nhl_experts-648348106-1261078322.jpg?ymysBYCDX8cQHFH2

Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea who these dudes are?

Both of them are Marc Savard, who's now spent the majority of his career with the Bruins.

He does look odd in the pre-Edge uniform, though. As a Bruins fan, I associate him more with the post-edge era.

marc_savard_pic_02.jpg

He also played for the Rangers, and he looks really weird in that uniform.

Savvyrangers.png

spacer.png

Read what i said above the picture.

padres-ozzie-smith.jpg

That help?

In that case, I still disagree. While of course Ozzie's first and foremost uniform is of course the Cardinals, he doesn't look "wrong", so to speak, in Garvey-era Padres garb.

At least in my view.

You would be in the minority - and I'm old enough to know him as a Padre.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."