Players in the "wrong" uniforms

This thread got me thinking, what is Ray Allen's "right" jersey? Or are all of them right for Ray, who spent his first 7 seasons in Milwaukee, 5 in Seattle, and is currently in his 5th season in Boston

Ray-Allen-Bucks-e1296758142564.jpg

ray-allen-sonics3.jpg

Ray_Allen.jpg

Ray Allen is a rather strange case for me, because at some point I got used to him in each uniform. If I had to choose one that was more "right" to me, though, it'd be the Bucks for purely nostalgic reasons. I know he won a title in Boston, but his time as a Buck spanned the time I paid the most attention to basketball (which I guess is why Nash in a Mavs uni isn't that weird to me, either). The most "wrong" Allen uniform to me would be the Sonics, but even that isn't too strange a sight to me.

That's easy; The Boston jersey is his "right" jersey and the other two are wrong. He won a champioship wearing a C's jersey, was part of a easily recognized "Big 3," and broke at least one prominent record (that I know of) wearing a C's jersey. Compared to his time in Boston, his years in MIL and SEA are relatively forgettable. I think "wrong jerseys" have more to do with just # of years played.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

To each his own there, I guess. Like I said, his time as a Buck spanned the time I paid the most attention to basketball, so I still remember him very well as a Buck. That said, I have gotten used to him in a Celtics jersey and wouldn't consider it a "wrong" jersey by any means. He's just one of those rare cases that can be associated with more than one uniform. Jason Kidd is another player that fits that category to me personally, as him in a Suns, Nets, and (second-stint) Mavs uniform all look "right" to me at some degree.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

To me, Ray Ray looks strangest as a Buck.

i guess it depends on how old you were when he played for the Bucks. He made his name with that team with teammates Sam Cassell and Glenn Robinson. Looks right to me. Personally I don't think he looks strange in any of the 3. He spent a good chunk of his career and made an impact in all 3 cities.

I compare it to Johnny Damon when it comes to KC, BOS, and NY. Could make an argument for all 3.

THANK YOU.

It's about time someone set perspective straight on this. (And I seriously thought I was the only one who remembered John Damon was originally a Kansas City Royal. Almost like people forget Jermaine Dye and Carlos Beltran came from up outta there as well.)

Also...so what is it?just because a player won a championship in one uniform makes that the "right" one? I don't buy that?I don't buy that for Ray Allen, I damn sho' don't buy it for Kevin Garnett (there's a debate for you). And after all, remember, Trent Dilfer won a SB as a Baltimore Raven...does that make the Ravens the right uniform for him, too?

Although...in the interest of fairness, I suppose Drew Brees presents a compelling counter-argument. But then, I bet most folk have all but forgotten by now that Brees started as a Charger for four years (?)...but almost singlehandedly lifted the Saints from obscurity to national relevancy. (That SB win might've helped with that just happened a lil bit... :P)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Matt Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck-embraces-fresh-start-with-Titans-0LBV49N-x-large.jpg

1324104.jpg

It's weird seeing him in those Seahawks unis.

Seeing as he has actually accumulated playing time in both those uniforms, this one is even more "wrong":

cOjq9.jpg

Not necessarily... the Packers backup QB spot has a reputation as a quarterback college and Hassellbeck is one of its most well-known "graduates."

I'll always remember Ray Allen as a Buck.... the 2001 Bucks were so fun to watch.

They sure were! But in hindsight, I think it's amazing that an organization that has shown itself to be as incompetently run from top to bottom as the Bucks was even able to make it that far into the playoffs... whether or not the NBA actually conspired to keep them out of the finals.

Back on-topic, I'm not sure Ray Allen has a "wrong" uniform. He's one of those rare cases of a guy whose had significant and successful stints with multiple teams.

This thread got me thinking, what is Ray Allen's "right" jersey? Or are all of them right for Ray, who spent his first 7 seasons in Milwaukee, 5 in Seattle, and is currently in his 5th season in Boston

ray-allen-sonics3.jpg

Ray_Allen.jpg

Ray Allen is a rather strange case for me, because at some point I got used to him in each uniform. If I had to choose one that was more "right" to me, though, it'd be the Bucks for purely nostalgic reasons. I know he won a title in Boston, but his time as a Buck spanned the time I paid the most attention to basketball (which I guess is why Nash in a Mavs uni isn't that weird to me, either). The most "wrong" Allen uniform to me would be the Sonics, but even that isn't too strange a sight to me.

That's easy; The Boston jersey is his "right" jersey and the other two are wrong. He won a champioship wearing a C's jersey, was part of a easily recognized "Big 3," and broke at least one prominent record (that I know of) wearing a C's jersey. Compared to his time in Boston, his years in MIL and SEA are relatively forgettable. I think "wrong jerseys" have more to do with just # of years played.

Ray Allen as Jesus Shuttlesworth in a Brooklyn Lincoln Uni

rayray.jpg

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I compare it to Johnny Damon when it comes to KC, BOS, and NY. Could make an argument for all 3.

Don't forget Damon's time in Detroit and Oakland too.

johnny-damon-mugjpg-90ec8e94d431534d_small.jpgI0000sxdZUoI0nw0.jpg

You're missing the point.

Damon spent significant time and reached national prominence in Kansas City, Boston and New York. Compared to spending one year in Oakland (only memorable for being brought up repeatedly in Moneyball) and one year in Detroit (not memorable at all because he was on the downward slope of his career.)

spacer.png

well you can't make an argument for those clubs, or the Rays. So that's why I didn't include them.

Classic Yankee's fan ^^.

newsig.jpg

well you can't make an argument for those clubs, or the Rays. So that's why I didn't include them.

Classic Yankee's fan ^^.

you're not even making sense, but be my guest. go ahead and make a case why Johnny Damon looks "right" in a A's, Tigers, or Rays uniform compared to the Royals where he began his career and spent the most time with, and with the Red Sox and Yankees where he won championships.

Al Iafrate as a San Jose Shark

UPJgI.jpg

Patrick Marleu wearing #14 and the first Sharks jersey

QYXNn.jpg

I really miss the grey as part of the Sharks jersey, just brings back good childhood memories. The 90's were so terrible it made them great.

untitled-6.jpg

Classic Yankee's fan ^^.

you're not even making sense, but be my guest. go ahead and make a case why Johnny Damon looks "right" in a A's, Tigers, or Rays uniform compared to the Royals where he began his career and spent the most time with, and with the Red Sox and Yankees where he won championships.

I'm with Dexter. No one, I mean no one, will remember Damon for his time on those teams. It'll be one of those situations when you're looking back through his stats ten years from now and think "He played for Detroit? Huh...didn't remember that."

spacer.png

ray-allen-sonics3.jpg

Ray_Allen.jpg

Seeing Allen not in green is his wrong jersey.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Iginla looks weird in these Flames uniforms.

jarome6.jpg

ept_sports_nhl_experts-192445242-1281288202.jpg?ymKwHlDDBt.KlgJt

Those uniforms are bad. I know the yoke went all the way to the sleeve, but because the red breaks up the white (with the rest of the jersey being red of course) and there being no white after it is initially ended by the red, it looks like the yoke just ends at that intersection.