Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Despite the rings, to me, his "right" uniform is Orlando. He became famous in that one (though we could say his backboard-breaking in LSU duds put him on the map). We really got to know him in Orlando. He had some success in his 4 years there, making the Finals with a team that has a losing history before and ever since. He was on a better team in LA, but his numbers and games played per year were down after he left the Magic. He was most dominant in black and blue, especially on defense and the boards.

87Redskins.png

Despite the rings, to me, his "right" uniform is Orlando. He became famous in that one (though we could say his backboard-breaking in LSU duds put him on the map). We really got to know him in Orlando. He had some success in his 4 years there, making the Finals with a team that has a losing history before and ever since. He was on a better team in LA, but his numbers and games played per year were down after he left the Magic. He was most dominant in black and blue, especially on defense and the boards.

I am going to have to disagree here. Magic Shaq, that is to say, "young" Shaq, may have drawn attention to himself, but he did not accomplish much compared to his LA days. I think a player's "right" uniform is where he achieves the most memorable success, not necessarily what got him attention to begin with. He was big on the Magic but got even bigger on the Lakers. The first thought that comes to my mind when I think of Shaq's career is "3-peat in LA." I also think that, without a doubt, his most memorable teammate was Kobe. I can barely remember any of the Magic he played with, but he played with such memorable characters in LA that I just naturally remember him in purple and gold. Gotta also keep in mind he played 8 seasons in LA.

I think it's debatable that he even achieved more personal success in ORL. His numbers MIGHT (and I say might because I don't even know if they got worse) have dipped slightly in LA, but obviously that is because he was sharing the ball more there, and he had more help. It's not that he got worse, it's that his teammates got better.

I also don't think making the Finals is that big of a deal, comparatively. If Dwight Howard goes to another team and wins three championships in a row with them, he's not going to be remembered for losing in the 2009 NBA finals. He's going to be remembered for winning three championships in a row. And his "right" uniform is going to be that of the team he achieves all that success with. And I would hardly say the Magic have had a losing history ever since. I would consider them one of the more dominant teams in the East for at least the past 5 years.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Not only for the team, but also the number:

89TT-Vizquel.jpg

Not so much that he's wearing #42, but anyone wearing it looks odd (with a couple of exceptions).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I win. Thank you, come again.

smith.jpg

smithaeros04-05bk.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17