Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Chris Leak, Montreal Alouettes.

584-leak-chris.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Martin St. Louis

72484626.jpg.23236.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1260541500

p-506474-rico-fata-martin-st-louis-hockey-card-1999-pacific-omega-38-calgary-flames-rookie-aw-40895.jpg

that's funny because i still somewhat associate St. Louis with the Flames. It's him with the lightning that still seems odd to me.

potvin.jpg

now if that doesn't bring back a flood of disappointment. He was a goalie i really liked when he was a maple leaf. I was totally excited when he came to NY. Then he left with a couple of disappointing years which i think he won like 7 games in his 33 total games during the 2 years he played for them.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Ty Conklin as a Sabre:

conklin.jpg

Ty Conklin with the Hartford Wolf Pack:

TyConklin.png

The only right jerseys for Conklin are the Hamilton Bulldogs, and any of the Outdoor Classic jerseys.

conklin.jpg

conklin-heritage.jpg?w=450

Conklin_WinterClassic.jpg

ty-conklin-detroit-red-wings.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I add some more pictures as a Flames fan-

joemullen.png

garyroberts3.png

garyroberts2.png

garyroberts1.png

I myself think of Mullen first in a Penguins uni instead of a Flames uni. Great teams, and he fit in great...

I agree with you on Gary Roberts though, even though I did get used to him as a Leaf. He just looks weird in a TB jersey...

regidg23.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Dr. J in the ATL

Hawks%2072-73%20HOme%20Julius%20Erving,%20Topps_small.jpg

Julius Erving signed and played briefly with the Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks contract was ruled in invalid by the courts. This episode was very expensive to the Hawks. The NBA fined the Hawks $100,000 and required them to pay $150,000 to the Milwaukee Bucks in addition to two second round picks in the 1976 draft.

You sure he played for them? I've never heard this, and the stats don't show up on Basketball Reference.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. J in the ATL

Hawks%2072-73%20HOme%20Julius%20Erving,%20Topps_small.jpg

Julius Erving signed and played briefly with the Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks contract was ruled in invalid by the courts. This episode was very expensive to the Hawks. The NBA fined the Hawks $100,000 and required them to pay $150,000 to the Milwaukee Bucks in addition to two second round picks in the 1976 draft.

You sure he played for them? I've never heard this, and the stats don't show up on Basketball Reference.

It was preseason. Two games I believe? But, then he was forced back to the ABA.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg