Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 6/19/2012 at 3:13 PM, sorcerer77 said:
On 6/19/2012 at 2:56 PM, SFGiants58 said:

The team isn't necessarily wrong, but the style is quite wrong.

Yes, I think the Suns did a throwback during the Barkley era to the original uniforms which had been used all the way up to just before Barkley joined Phoenix.

I think they may have worn those in preseason that year and busted out the new ones for the regular season...but I may be making that up

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Charles_Barkley_Phx.jpg

Yes, I think the Suns did a throwback during the Barkley era to the original uniforms which had been used all the way up to just before Barkley joined Phoenix.

I think they may have worn those in preseason that year and busted out the new ones for the regular season...but I may be making that up

I don't think you're making it up - I also remember the Suns wearing the old unforms in pre-season that year and not using the new ones until the regular season started. Also wasn't that their first season in America West (or whatever it's called now) arena?

i remember it very well myself :)

i love both of the hatcher brothers, so it was bittersweet to lose kevin. but there's no question zubov was HUGE for this team, and one of my all-time favorites.

Charles_Barkley_Phx.jpg

I don't think you're making it up - I also remember the Suns wearing the old unforms in pre-season that year and not using the new ones until the regular season started. Also wasn't that their first season in America West (or whatever it's called now) arena?

I'm pretty sure that's the case. The Suns even wore these in an episode of "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper".

Charles_Barkley_Phx.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's the case. The Suns even wore these in an episode of "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper".

That's exactly what happened. I used to love those old Suns uniforms (but now see how dated they look - they could be updated and look amazing though) and was confused when I watch them play in the pre season despite the new jersey "leaked" in an Eastbay (or similar) catalog.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

regidg23.jpg

So does this mean you think of him more as a Wheat King?

Or just found a uni that isn't an NHL one?

Minnesota is the right jersey for him.

This looks just as weird.

1168.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Since we brought up Charles Barkley, here's one that I'm sure was posted but I'll post again.

CB in the wrong uniform (I associate him with the late '80s blue block letter set) and wrong number (he selfishly took Billy Cunningham's #32 to "honor" Magic Johnson who got HIV because he was dumb.)

When these were unveiled he said that it looked like his little daughter got her hands on a box of crayons and went nuts and that he hated them.

charlesbarkley1995_display_image.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Speaking of Barkley (and Drexler)

298341_crop_650x440.jpg?1299380510

You know what's funny, Barkley has never looked that strange to me in a Rockets uniform. I was much too young to really pay any attention to basketball when he was in Phoenix, so Houston was the first team I really associated him with.

Now, retrospectually? Phoenix is his "right" uniform, but I still think of Houston right with Phoenix when thinking of Barkley.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

regidg23.jpg

So does this mean you think of him more as a Wheat King?

Or just found a uni that isn't an NHL one?

Minnesota is the right jersey for him.

This looks just as weird.

1168.jpg

But it's junior--how can it be the wrong jersey in junior?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Since we brought up Charles Barkley, here's one that I'm sure was posted but I'll post again.

CB in the wrong uniform (I associate him with the late '80s blue block letter set) and wrong number (he selfishly took Billy Cunningham's #32 to "honor" Magic Johnson who got HIV because he was dumb.)

When these were unveiled he said that it looked like his little daughter got her hands on a box of crayons and went nuts and that he hated them.

charlesbarkley1995_display_image.jpg

Speaking of Barkley in the wrong uniform - why does the 76ers' banner for Barkley's retired #34 have the Iverson-era "76ers" script? Barkley never came close to playing in those uniforms.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/history/retired_index.html

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .