Players in the "wrong" uniforms

LSchenn-JVR.jpg

It's just a bit early to make this claim, considering they've been with new teams for all of 3 or 4 days.

Well, if at the end of either of their careers they're most known for wearing the jerseys they are in that pic, then it wont matter what's claimed about them at all.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Landon Donovan for the San Jose Earthquakes

p1_donovan-112304-getty.jpg

I really miss MLS jerseys having the their own name on the front. Despite being decently familiar with how things are done across the pond, it still looks weird to see a sponsors name on a shirt over here.

Please tell me Super Joe didn't give up 88 for that pu$$y Lindros...

I had to look it up; Alain Cote already had 19 at the time. Plus, Lindros wanted nothing to do with the organization, so I doubt he would have had a change of heart if his number was given up for him. :P

I was thinking Sakic may have given up the number to help coax Lindros into playing for the 'Diques during his holdout.

6uXNWAo.png

I really miss MLS jerseys having the their own name on the front. Despite being decently familiar with how things are done across the pond, it still looks weird to see a sponsors name on a shirt over here.

It's probably because I'm so used to seeing international football teams with sponsors on their kits at this point, but I'm glad MLS followed suit. Furthermore, despite being used to it with the other main North American sports leagues, having the team name across the chest on a soccer jersey never looked right, especially if they already had a crest there. For me, soccer jerseys were always about the color and the pattern, not necessarily the name or a wordmark in front.

Ryan Suter in the mustards

230px-Ryansuter.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

There's always video game sponsors...

Sega_Sonic_JEF_United.jpg