Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Either Real Madrid or the Galaxy (only because of the hype)

It's been almost 10 years since he played for Man U

and it's been almost 80 years since Babe Ruth played for the Yankees.

He played 3 years on Man United's youth team, and than 10 years on the main club. Those were the best years of his career. Maybe you're too young to remember the hype when he was playing for Man U. He was the most popular player in the world playing for the most popular team in the World.

IMHO a player can have more than one "right" uniform. For me Magic, Lakers and to some extent Heat (because of the ring) are fine for Shaq. Cleveland, Phoenix and Boston are the wrong ones.

When it comes to David Beckham people tend to forget that as a United player he was considered as one of the best right midfielders in the world. Afterwards there was more hype than quality football in his career.

about the only thing i'm familiar with concerning beckham is the all the hype and media spots with in gossip magazines with his spice girl wife. The first time i heard of him was back on the cyber-nhl boards when he was going to i think Madrid? and everyone was flipping out about it. i want to say that was the start of his hype.

Only if you're not old enough to remember his years with Man U.

tumblr_m72hs7kHzy1qev7ayo15_r4_400.pngtumblr_m72hs7kHzy1qev7ayo3_r5_400.png

Matthew Stafford and Clayton Kershaw

(I'unno if this is the right place to put this, but I figured it was as good as any other thread)

I wonder at what age they decided smiling was no longer cool... pretty cool pics tho. And I envy the name "Scots"

Matt Damon!!!!!!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

s080827_ripken.jpg

Whyyy would Cal do this?

This was the caption under the picture from USA today:Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr. throws out the first pitch before the Tampa Bay Rays played the Toronto Blue Jays in St. Petersburg, Fla. Ripken's company, Ripken Baseball, has joined the Rays in a joint venture in purchasing a Class A baseball team in Florida.

has this been posted?

babedodger.jpg

umm... is this real?

He was a coach or something for the Dodgers. The clip is probably from a practice or pre-game. I don't think he actually played for anyone other than the Red Sox, Yankees, and Braves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

has this been posted?

babedodger.jpg

umm... is this real?

Yep it's real!

He was a first base coach for the dodgers for like a season or two...he was holding out for a managerial job but settled on being a coach.

That was taken from batting practice, apparently, he used to like to hit some out of Ebbets during BP.

Here are a few more:

babeRuthDodgers2.jpg

35d1150927646-brooklyn-dodgers-1938-babe-ruth-dodgers-coach-edited.jpg

l.jpg

New York Mets & New York Jets

has this been posted?

babedodger.jpg

umm... is this real?

He was a coach or something for the Dodgers. The clip is probably from a practice or pre-game. I don't think he actually played for anyone other than the Red Sox, Yankees, and Braves.

I forgot he was a coach for the Dodgers. He was the first base coach. Here's my long post!:

Adam Dunn with Arizona in 2008

PHP4934A69D8AAA0.jpg

Joe Dimaggio as a coach for the Oakland Athletics

dimaggio-athletics.jpg

Rickey Henderson with Toronto in 1993, Anaheim in 1997, Seattle in 2000, Boston in 2002, and Los Angeles in 2003

rickey-henderson-collage.jpg

Also Rickey Henderson with the independent baseball league team San Diego Surf Dawgs

rickey-henderson-surf-dawgs.jpg

Reggie Jackson in a Seattle Mariners uniform in 1979. Reggie forgot his Yankees uniform for the '79 All-Star game photo shoot and had to borrow a Mariners uniform.

jackson-mariners.jpg

This image originally published in a Sports Illustrated showing the possible teams to land Pete Rose before the 1980 season

rose-eight.jpg

Ty Cobb with the Philadelphia Athletics in 1927

cobb-athletics.jpg

Harmon Killebrew with Kansas City in 1975

killebrew-royals.jpg

And last but not least, Pete Rose with the Montreal Expos in 1984

rose-expos.jpg

mcbqza.jpg

Alex Mogilny, Albany River Rats

Alexander_Mogilny.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Kipper in the black horse head (You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find a picture)

vkbjg.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

IMHO a player can have more than one "right" uniform. For me Magic, Lakers and to some extent Heat (because of the ring) are fine for Shaq. Cleveland, Phoenix and Boston are the wrong ones.

When it comes to David Beckham people tend to forget that as a United player he was considered as one of the best right midfielders in the world. Afterwards there was more hype than quality football in his career.

about the only thing i'm familiar with concerning beckham is the all the hype and media spots with in gossip magazines with his spice girl wife. The first time i heard of him was back on the cyber-nhl boards when he was going to i think Madrid? and everyone was flipping out about it. i want to say that was the start of his hype.

Only if you're not old enough to remember his years with Man U.

i'm probably old enough to remember his years with man u, i turned 30 not to long ago. I never had an interest or followed soccer to any degree. So i honestly didn't know anything about him until all his media hype with his spice girl wife.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!