Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 3/2/2013 at 10:08 PM, hugevolsfan said:
On 3/2/2013 at 9:50 PM, RedBlueGold said:

I don't know if this was posted, and im sure not looking. But Hakeem The Dream with the Raptors :lol:

I had forgotten about this & I really hate to see when this happens to great players.

After pictures of Rex Ryan in hockey jerseys and Brett Favre taking batting practice with the Brewers, this is really the essence of this thread. Seeing a legend like this playing for a team you'd kinda forgotten he played for...this just looks so weird and so wrong. This is especially true when he played over 15 years for one team, then one forgotten year for a bad team. Seeing Jordan in a Wizards uniform is less weird since we all remember that that happened.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

hakeem-olajuwonmcdonough.jpg

I don't know if this was posted, and im sure not looking. But Hakeem The Dream with the Raptors :lol:

I had forgotten about this & I really hate to see when this happens to great players.

After pictures of Rex Ryan in hockey jerseys and Brett Favre taking batting practice with the Brewers, this is really the essence of this thread. Seeing a legend like this playing for a team you'd kinda forgotten he played for...this just looks so weird and so wrong. This is especially true when he played over 15 years for one team, then one forgotten year for a bad team. Seeing Jordan in a Wizards uniform is less weird since we all remember that that happened.

Isn't that mutumbo in a sixer uni? To me the nuggets is his rightful uniform even though I enjoyed watching the finger wave in the rocket uni.

Isn't that mutumbo in a sixer uni? To me the nuggets is his rightful uniform even though I enjoyed watching the finger wave in the rocket uni.

Yes he went to the NBA Finals with them

You guys really need to start labeling your hockey players.

I think that one is one of the few that you can get away with. But for all sports, labels on most of these would help. Unless a guy played on a team you regularly watch, some of these are too hard to tell who it is by just their face.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

hd866.jpgid643.jpg

Slammin' Sammy!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

img_1194.jpg

Was this a pre-draft work out type thing? Nice find

yep. the Kings invited him to a workout session before the draft because they were interested in him. I believe Crosby was allowed to keep the practice jersey as well. I've never seem a picture of this before, only video, so nice find.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

That they have to play for the raptors?

Yeah I mean can it get any worse!

Simon Gagne only wore this jersey once. He was injured for its other two appearances in 2011-12 and was a healthy scratch the one time it was worn in 2013 before he was traded back to Philadelphia.

kNL890P.png

He also only wore this set five times.

rxXdDpC.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall