larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

emmitt-smith.jpg

Off topic, but my god, look at those jerseys! I can't believe we're only like what, 6 years removed from those? 7 maybe?

I mean look at them! Plain is fine, subtle is fine, old school is fine.... But these? Yikes. These are too much. It kinda fascinates me honestly, that something this plain and this terrible could exist in the 2000's.

And the recently retired Grant Hill...his lost years in Orlando, when the sight of him healthy was a rarity

p1.grant.hill.getty.jpg

Wrong ball, too.

emmitt-smith.jpg

Off topic, but my god, look at those jerseys! I can't believe we're only like what, 6 years removed from those? 7 maybe?

I mean look at them! Plain is fine, subtle is fine, old school is fine.... But these? Yikes. These are too much. It kinda fascinates me honestly, that something this plain and this terrible could exist in the 2000's.

Raiders?

emmitt-smith.jpg

Raiders?

True. But their colors alone make theirs much more unique than these.

On 6/5/2013 at 1:00 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:
On 6/4/2013 at 4:17 PM, mad43dog said:

I liked this uniform. I liked the color of the jersey and I always thought the pants and jersey looked good together. I'd take this era over the current in a heartbeat.

Also, we forget this because off the relocations and the futility, but the Cardinals are one of the league's oldest franchises, so it makes some sense.

I thought this one was very interesting.

kenny.jpg

Kenny Lofton in 2007, his last major league season.

He was traded from Texas to Cleveland that season, wearing a tribe uni for the first time since he became a free agent in 2001.

All time favorite player :)

P.S. I challenge you all to find a picture of Kenny Lofton playing baseball in short sleeves...

With regards to Lofton, all of his Astros cards have him in short-sleeves. I can't find and don't remember anything but long sleeves after he came to cleveland, growing up with those teams.

Though he did do short sleeves for rock n jock softball. I assume that doesn't count.

EDIT: also found a 1994 spring training shot with vizquel in the cleveland stadium-era home set. They switched for the regular season, but I didn't recall the team ever wearing non-bp tops during spring training.

kenny.jpg

He was traded from Texas to Cleveland that season, wearing a tribe uni for the first time since he became a free agent in 2001.

P.S. I challenge you all to find a picture of Kenny Lofton playing baseball in short sleeves...

I liked those Indians uniforms. That was actually one of the better vest looks of the 2000's

With regards to Lofton, all of his Astros cards have him in short-sleeves. I can't find and don't remember anything but long sleeves after he came to cleveland, growing up with those teams.

Though he did do short sleeves for rock n jock softball. I assume that doesn't count.

EDIT: also found a 1994 spring training shot with vizquel in the cleveland stadium-era home set. They switched for the regular season, but I didn't recall the team ever wearing non-bp tops during spring training.

You're right. Odd looking.

All the Lofton Astros cards I had seen were still-shots, until now haha.

Mark Grace - Arizona Diamondbacks

wfhesnHb.jpg

Mark Grace - Maricopa County Jail

Mark-Grace-Mugshot.jpeg

Luongo1997_750x500.jpg

Roberto Luongo and the combined eras Islanders jersey

429991_609871375710020_1911598675_n.jpg

Josh Cribbs on the Raiders. My favorite Brown / Kent State Golden Flash

Wow, I had no idea.

So what do you think?

#5 for the preseason.

1370901772000-illi-1306101804_1_1_rx223_c200x220.jpg?28352ba27b37ce2871936d91737db66b8f7fb934

#15 if he beats out Ryan Mallet for the back up QB & roster spot.

20130607-tebow-new-england-samsonite-v2.jpg

Here is a real picture of Tebow in practice today with his new helmet. I love this picture. Perfect timing with the guys behind him.

Caption - Brady: "Really? We really sign him?" McDaniels: "Yep, that's my guy. He's here to replace you." 'laughs'.

0ap1000000210832.jpg

kenny.jpg

God what a terrible uni.

kenny.jpg

God what a terrible uni.

I was completely unaware of this Chief Wahoo monstrosity's existence.