Players in the "wrong" uniforms

• 2 weeks later...

Photo of George Hendrick during his 69 game stint with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1985:

george-hendrick_zpsc1727234.jpg

That photo of Hendrick always cracks me up, especially when I see him coaching the Rays on TV. His players are too young or weren't born to remember, but Hendrick basically tanked his only season with the Bucs. He wasn't happy about being traded to Pittsburgh, so Hendrick loafed whenever possible, but still collected his paycheck. The term "Jogging" George Hendrick was coined to describe his lack of effort at the plate and in the field. Talk about letting down your teammates! If you or I had pulled that stunt at a new company we would have been fired quickly. The Pirates had bad teams in the mid 80s before the revival later in the decade, but that was no excuse for the unprofessional conduct by Hendrick that year.

Does this count?

jay-dan-fox.jpg

Legends in the wrong studio.

I'll see your Dawson and raise you a Unitas.

Unitas-Steelers-camp.jpg

Yep...the Steelers of yore cut them both. Ouch.

Now there's a haircut you can set your watch to!

Bingo.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Nick Saban... University of Toledo head coach, 1990.

Nick-Saban-UT.jpg

I find it interesting that Nick Saban head coached University of Toledo, and Urban Meyer coached Bowling Green. Two rivals, two mac schools, two of the greatest NCAA coaches.

I've also attended both schools haha

SPT-MEYER5-1.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

How about COACHES in the wrong uniforms?

2e4ymm9.jpg

I hope he threw up a little bit when he put that stuff on. Just a little bit, and only once. I don't blame him for taking the job and I wish him luck, but damn that stings.

2e4ymm9.jpg

I hope he threw up a little bit when he put that stuff on. Just a little bit, and only once. I don't blame him for taking the job and I wish him luck, but damn that stings.

2e4ymm9.jpg

What an ugly hat.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Photo of George Hendrick during his 69 game stint with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1985:

george-hendrick_zpsc1727234.jpg

That photo of Hendrick always cracks me up, especially when I see him coaching the Rays on TV. His players are too young or weren't born to remember, but Hendrick basically tanked his only season with the Bucs. He wasn't happy about being traded to Pittsburgh, so Hendrick loafed whenever possible, but still collected his paycheck. The term "Jogging" George Hendrick was coined to describe his lack of effort at the plate and in the field. Talk about letting down your teammates! If you or I had pulled that stunt at a new company we would have been fired quickly. The Pirates had bad teams in the mid 80s before the revival later in the decade, but that was no excuse for the unprofessional conduct by Hendrick that year.

Hendrick loafed in San Diego too, he was generally a malingerer during his career. It's amazing he is now coaching.

X7YW7oR.jpg

Cory Schnieder

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I just hated when Willie "Mays" Hayes got traded to San Francisco :P

gal-major-league-wesley-snipes-jpg.jpg

11_Brad-Mangin124-575x572.jpg

....actually, I had forgotten John Kruk's cameo in "The Fan" so that makes this even more of a player in the wrong jersey!

still-of-john-kruk-and-cal-ripken-in-the

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png