Players in the "wrong" uniforms

2GH5qTi.png

luongo-tall.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Still pains me to see this, although, I still wish him the best.

092213-ryne-sandberg-600.jpg

He won't have much of a shot because the media around here are bashing the team and saying they are too old. Rightfully so and it's a shame because it won't be his fault.

Rollie Fingers and Joe Rudi in Red Sox uniforms in 1976, after Charlie Finley sold them to Boston, but before Bowie Kuhn nullified the deal.

10003624_1471124819777698_78372369_o.jpg

The source, Dan Epstein, who is the author of Stars & Strikes: Baseball & America in the Bicentennial Summer of '76, says that this shot is from the Oakland Colliseum.

Here is the link to the comments for this shot.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I have looked, but to no avail. There are no pictures of Halak in a Sabres uniform.

shi-shaa

nhl_a_halak_kh_576x324.jpg

Did you take that yourself? Because I looked EVERYWHERE.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's not going to count though, if he never played a game with them. There's a pic out there somewhere of Crosby in a purple and black Kings uniform, I believe.

Both of them count, because... they were in the uniform. And the thread is called "Players in the 'wrong' uniform".

• Like 1

I have looked, but to no avail. There are no pictures of Halak in a Sabres uniform.

shi-shaa

nhl_a_halak_kh_576x324.jpg

Did you take that yourself? Because I looked EVERYWHERE.

I did not; I saw it earlier when I read he was traded, and was confused because he had just been traded. This is the nature of the 2014 NHL trade hootenanny. Yes, hootenanny.

Also, habsfan, how does something like this not "count"? He was listed, and dressed as the backup goaltender for a regular season NHL game.

He's got a uniform and everything, it's really great!

qvAvG.jpg

Still pains me to see this, although, I still wish him the best.

092213-ryne-sandberg-600.jpg

1982+Topps+Traded+-+Ryne+Sandberg.jpg

It's where he started

Oh what could've been for the 80s and 90s Phillies if they had kept him.

Nothing would have been any different for the 80s or 90s. Not sure how old you are but that was an organization that was not run in a way that was conducive to winning, or even competing. Also, not a single negative word has been said about him, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. When the team flops (or players start dying on the field due to old age or osteoperosis or something, because old), it will be on RAJ, not Sandberg.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."