Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Still pains me to see this, although, I still wish him the best.

092213-ryne-sandberg-600.jpg

1982+Topps+Traded+-+Ryne+Sandberg.jpg

It's where he started

Very true. In a way I found that interesting once he got on board with the Phillies organization after leaving the Cubs minor leagues.

I can only wish him the best, but still wish he was with the Cubs organization in some capacity. Although, I realize why he left.

Ryno is my favorite baseball player of all time. I was really disappointed when the Cubs hired Dale Sveum instead of him, but then I realized that is just wasn't the right time to bring Ryno to the North Side. The Cubs are/were a mess, and nothing Sandberg could have done would have changed that. Sveum was hired to fail, unfortunately so is Renteria. Hopefully the timing is right to bring Ryno back to the Cubs when they actually have a competitive team on the field.

That has to happen soon, right? :lol:

I can only hope! :D

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

Still pains me to see this, although, I still wish him the best.

092213-ryne-sandberg-600.jpg

1982+Topps+Traded+-+Ryne+Sandberg.jpg

It's where he started

Very true. In a way I found that interesting once he got on board with the Phillies organization after leaving the Cubs minor leagues.

I can only wish him the best, but still wish he was with the Cubs organization in some capacity. Although, I realize why he left.

Ryno is my favorite baseball player of all time. I was really disappointed when the Cubs hired Dale Sveum instead of him, but then I realized that is just wasn't the right time to bring Ryno to the North Side. The Cubs are/were a mess, and nothing Sandberg could have done would have changed that. Sveum was hired to fail, unfortunately so is Renteria. Hopefully the timing is right to bring Ryno back to the Cubs when they actually have a competitive team on the field.

That has to happen soon, right? :lol:

I can only hope! :D
Hopefully Don Mattingly can also comeback to the Yankees after the Joe Girardi era ends.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Speaking of Tim Thomas...

Vermont Catamounts

thomas%2Buvm.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Looks like we missed a Tim Thomas bucket

hi-res-8b6923e12771e2fd67b56addd851629d_

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

From a distance those pads make Tim Thomas' legs look hilariously short.

^who are they?

Devan Dubnyk and Ilya Bryzgalov.

Dubnyk was Edmonton's starter the past few seasons but managed to play as bad as possible for an already bad team, to the point where the Oilers had no choice but to sign Bryzgalov, a goalie that couldn't get a contract after the Flyers bought him out. Dubnyk was eventually traded to Nashville and played two games before they realized what a horrible goalie he is, sent him to the minors, and then traded him to Montreal, who also put him down in the minors where he currently is.

Bryzgalov was traded to Minnesota after a few months with the Oilers. I don't have a bad word to say about his time here.

^who are they?

Dubnyk was Edmonton's starter the past few seasons but managed to play as bad as possible for an already bad team, to the point where the Oilers had no choice but to sign Bryzgalov, a goalie that couldn't get a contract after the Flyers bought him out. Dubnyk was eventually traded to Nashville and played two games before they realized what a horrible goalie he is, sent him to the minors, and then traded him to Montreal, who also put him down in the minors where he currently is.

Bryzgalov was traded to Minnesota after a few months with the Oilers. I don't have a bad word to say about his time here.

Dubnyk is this generation's Kevin Weekes.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

^who are they?

Dubnyk is this generation's Kevin Weekes.

Weekes stuck around a while. I think Dubnyk is more like this generation's Pasi Nurminen. In ten years, someone will be looking at stats wondering who the heck this guy was that started all these games for the Oilers and then disappeared.

• Like 1

Deion Sanders always looked wrong in pinstripes IMO

deion-sanders-bo-jackson1-e1320945929769

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

David Legwand

David+Legwand+Colorado+Avalanche+v+Detro

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This really is his wrong uniform, does anyone remember this?

969131_10154001178660287_731277660_n.jpg

He never played a down in the regular season. This was the 2005 preseason. He was let go before the regular season, he never even wore the white uniform.

How many people know that Andre Reed did almost the exact same thing for the Broncos in 2000? He wore #15 and ended up signing with the Redskins after Denver let him go.

lg_reed_ap_01.jpg

David Legwand

I hate the new trend of having patches that look exactly like the banner. That looks so boxy and clunky. I hate to be the "my team does it right" guy, but yeah, our team does it right. B)

habs-vs-leafs-01.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

David Legwand

I hate the new trend of having patches that look exactly like the banner. That looks so boxy and clunky. I hate to be the "my team does it right" guy, but yeah, our team does it right. B)

habs-vs-leafs-01.jpg

1. Looks like a memorial patch.

2. Too many leafs on the jersey.

3. I hate the giant rectangle patches too, but your team sucks at this just as much. :P

I wouldn't have any kind of special patch. The guy is being honored by having a banner hung in his honor for at least as long as the team is in town and (usually) nobody will ever wear that number for that team again. A dinky little patch for one game seems pretty inconsequential. Have teams always had special patches? I don't remember this happening any earlier than maybe a few years ago.