Players in the "wrong" uniforms

^^^^that doesn't help I still have no clue who that is hahahaha

Really? He has been one of the best players in the game and top jerseys sellers for the last decade.

Yeah, that doesn't help me either ... maybe a link to his Wiki page would help as well?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

if you don't know who pavel datsyuk is, then you should probably just skip over all hockey posts in this thread, rather than expect full biographies on why it is wrong. he's kind of a big deal.

that's his "wrong jersey" because he's wearing #56, likely as a rookie, rather than his usual 13.

if you don't know who pavel datsyuk is, then you should probably just skip over all hockey posts in this thread, rather than expect full biographies on why it is wrong. he's kind of a big deal.

that's his "wrong jersey" because he's wearing #56, likely as a rookie, rather than his usual 13.

I know that is what I do just skip all the hockey because unless they post a name I have no clue who they are.

Just on a side note it would make things easier if the pictures at least would have the name.

Right team, wrong uniform:

Philip_Rivers_2006-10-01.jpg

I disagree. That's his "right" uniform. It was an incredible uniform that was won by a burgeoning superstar QB with a loaded team on the rise. Then they changed to their current awful uniforms and coincidentally had huge collapses, failed greatly, got old and injured, and in the case of Rivers, became run-of-the-mill. Even if those unis weren't light years better than the current set, they'd be right for him because they represented something.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You guys have to start identifying the hockey players.

Absolutely...been a problem throughout the thread. Hockey is not as popular as the three major sports. Soccer players...forget it.

Really? Polls and discussions in the pasts seem to reveal that it's possibly the most popular sports on the boards. In the theme of double standards though, maybe people should also post the names of football players, because I have no idea who they are either.

Just on a side note it would make things easier if the pictures at least would have the name.

If you can't recognize the player, you likely don't know who they are. And if you don't know who they are, how would being told their name make a difference?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If you can't recognize the player, you likely don't know who they are. And if you don't know who they are, how would being told their name make a difference?

I know who Pavel Datsuk is, he'll- even Nathan Horton and Rocco Grimaldi.

I'll be damned if I know what they look like.

• Like 1
5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Absolutely...been a problem throughout the thread. Hockey is not as popular as the three major sports. Soccer players...forget it.

Hockey's plenty popular here though.

Hockey's plenty popular here though.

Still, I think the point should be taken. I follow hockey. I know who Pavel Datsyuk is. I know he wears 13 for the Red Wings. I still have no idea it's him if I see him in 54 or whatever without someone telling me.

sometimes I know the name but dont know the face especially in sports I do not follow that closely I just see them on SportsCenter but dont see them up close but here the name mentioned several times.