Players in the "wrong" uniforms

What's with that belt? Looks like the buckle is bigger than normal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's with that belt? Looks like the buckle is bigger than normal.

I think it's a Mizuno belt. Uni Watch did a story on that a while ago when someone noticed Tanaka's belt buckle looked bigger than normal. Could be the same thing.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/05/20/yankees-pitcher-masahiro-tanaka-wears-unusual-belt-buckle/

I really, REALLY miss those Broncos unis. They were incredible.

I also really miss that Wilson-era block font with the diagonal S. Off the top of my head, the Chiefs and Broncos used it in the '90s, but I can't think of other teams. I wouldn't want every team using it, but it was a nice divergence while still being a block font.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Totally forgot Eddie George played a year for the Cowboys and wore the throwbacks too...

eddie-george_pg_600.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Totally forgot Eddie George played a year for the Cowboys and wore the throwbacks too...

eddie-george_pg_600.jpg

and color-vs-color alert.
Wish we saw color vs color more often. And I also wish the Bears would go back to those Orange jerseys. They'd look nice in the matte jersey material.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Mark Rypien

10755422-large.jpg

Oh, that's a good'n.

How about Mark Rypien...Philadelphia Eagle?

rsjRIE5.jpg

I see this and think how does a Mark Rypien win a super bowl over a loaded Buffalo Bills team with a HoFer at QB. I know the Skins was a good team but how?

That Redskins team was the highest-powered offense of all time. They still had the Hogs offensive line, a powerful running game and the trio of Art Monk (HOF), Gary Clark (should be, probably will be in HOF) and Ricky Sanders. The defense had Darrell Green, Charles Mann, Monte Coleman, Matt Millen, Wilber Marshall, Kurt Gouveia, Alvin Walton...

This team was stacked on both sides of the ball and had a HOF coach too. They started 11-0 and finished the season 14-2. They scored the most points in the league and had the #2-ranked defense that year.

I know it's opinion and subjective but some do rank that 1991 Skins team the greatest SB team ever. That Bills team was stacked too, but not being able to finish the job 4 years in a row really hurts their legacy.

http://www.thesportsnotebook.com/2014/06/1991-washington-redskins-sports-history-articles/

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/s/epstein/91redskins.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1052969-greatest-super-bowl-teams-ever-1991-washington-redskins-1985-chicago-bears

http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2012/07/23/the-1991-redskins-were-basically-the-best-team-ever-says-math/

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/hail-to-the-1991-washington-redskins-best-team-the-super-bowl-era/23533/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/14890/best-redskins-team-ever-1991

• Like 1
87Redskins.png

Considering he punched out more teammates than the number of games he actually played in for Seattle...

10689696_10205022409185710_1676183243638

The New Jersey uniform will look wrong too.

He'll be remembered as a Viking, maybe...unless his legacy is just being on the injured list and a complete bust for every team he suited up for.

87Redskins.png

I'm sure this has been posted, but as a Red Sox fan, it's strange to see David Ortiz in a uniform that isn't Boston's. But it turns out he played for the Twins from 1997-2002, which was a time period I didn't pay attention to sports that much. It's also double strange since I began watching sports in 2003, Ortiz's first season with the Red Sox and Boston's championship year. Bonus points for being an alternate that he only had the chance to wear for three seasons.

ortiz-twins.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I'm sure this has been posted, but as a Red Sox fan, it's strange to see David Ortiz in a uniform that isn't Boston's. But it turns out he played for the Twins from 1997-2002, which was a time period I didn't pay attention to sports that much. It's also double strange since I began watching sports in 2003, Ortiz's first season with the Red Sox and Boston's championship year.

Umm...

101603_alcs_gm7_bosnyy_b11_boone_hr_xg83

• Like 1

I'm sure this has been posted, but as a Red Sox fan, it's strange to see David Ortiz in a uniform that isn't Boston's. But it turns out he played for the Twins from 1997-2002, which was a time period I didn't pay attention to sports that much. It's also double strange since I began watching sports in 2004, Ortiz's second season with the Red Sox and Boston's championship year. Bonus points for being an alternate that he only had the chance to wear for three seasons.

ortiz-twins.jpg

FTFY

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

On 10/24/2014 at 8:01 PM, FlyingLamprey said:

I'm sure this has been posted, but as a Red Sox fan, it's strange to see David Ortiz in a uniform that isn't Boston's. But it turns out he played for the Twins from 1997-2002, which was a time period I didn't pay attention to sports that much. It's also double strange since I began watching sports in 2003, Ortiz's first season with the Red Sox and Boston's championship year. Bonus points for being an alternate that he only had the chance to wear for three seasons.

Yeah, we had high hopes for him in Minnesota. My memory of him struggling, then hitting like 4 homers in 5 games and promptly getting injured. Then coming back from IR and repeating. When the Twins finally gave up on him, I did not dispute it...then, well...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm sure this has been posted, but as a Red Sox fan, it's strange to see David Ortiz in a uniform that isn't Boston's. But it turns out he played for the Twins from 1997-2002, which was a time period I didn't pay attention to sports that much. It's also double strange since I began watching sports in 2003, Ortiz's first season with the Red Sox and Boston's championship year.

Umm...

Who the hell is on the mound being dragged around and slumped up like Bernie? WTF? (At the end of gof when crossing home)

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Umm...

Who the hell is on the mound being dragged around and slumped up like Bernie? WTF? (At the end of gof when crossing home)

That would be Mariano Rivera.

rivera-2003.jpg

Umm...

That would be Mariano Rivera.

rivera-2003.jpg

What happened? Was he hurt or what? He looks like he got sniped from the upper deck.

• Like 1
5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif