larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

I'm sure MJ in Washington blue has been posted many times over, but here's an interesting two-for-one I came across...

lg_pippen_ap.jpg

that certainly makes me sick in the belly

manram.jpg

Manny just looks effed up in this picture.

Agreed. And that's not his body, unless he's somehow going to steal number 25 from Andruw Jones.

manram.jpg

Agreed. And that's not his body, unless he's somehow going to steal number 25 from Andruw Jones.

35, maybe?

manram.jpg

35, maybe?

Possibly.

But why? 24 is available isn't it?

EDIT: nvm it's a retired number.

Manny-1.png

Edit: Crap, swilson beat me to it.

Ditto.

manram.png

:D

ph_115135.jpg

If Griffey is able to win a campionship, I don't think it will be that bad. Also take into consideration there is one generation of fans who grew up seeing him as "the kid" in Seattle, while a whole other generation saw him as a Red. He did spend about half of his career between two diffrent cities and leagues.

manram.jpg

35, maybe?

Possibly.

But why? 24 is available isn't it?

EDIT: nvm it's a retired number.

Not sure if everyone has heard but, they are saying Man-Ram will be wearing number 99 for the Dodgers.

Not sure if everyone has heard but, they are saying Man-Ram will be wearing number 99 for the Dodgers.

He is currently listed as #28 on the Dodgers website

He is currently listed as #28 on the Dodgers website

Watching the game and Ramirez is wearing #99.

To further compound the Griffey strangeness:

MOCR108080122_1024x768.jpg

After today, he'll be wearing #30, so him wearing #17 for the White Sox is...well...extra rare!

After today, he'll be wearing #30, so him wearing #17 for the White Sox is...well...extra rare!

And "Dirty 30" Nick Swisher has to change his number to #1... Why doesn't Griffey just take #1?

To further compound the Griffey strangeness:

Apparently Griffey has changed his mind. The Sox beat writer says Griffey will keep #17.

ph_115135.jpg

If Griffey is able to win a campionship, I don't think it will be that bad. Also take into consideration there is one generation of fans who grew up seeing him as "the kid" in Seattle, while a whole other generation saw him as a Red. He did spend about half of his career between two diffrent cities and leagues.

I agree. Being a Seattle fan and growing up with Griffey, I was pissed when he went to Cincinnati, but after all the years of injuries and time to heal I am White Sox fan for the rest of the season. I cheered on the Celtics because of Ray Allen, and the Heat for Gary Payton, the D-backs for Johnson, but I will never route for A-Rod. Go Sox's and Griffey.