Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Wait, do we have a link about Dan Uggla getting a custom-made children's size authentic jersey? I know he's always worn his jerseys tight, but that seems beyond belief. I mean, he's 5'10" and 210, which is pretty built. I can't imagine he'd fit into a boys' size without the buttons popping open.

Yeah, they're tight but no way those arms are fitting into a youth jersey. I am a few inches and several pounds lighter than Uggla and a youth XL barely fits me and it's snug on me.

dan-uggla.jpg

uggla.jpg

87Redskins.png

UdBgc9h.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

108879425-deion-sanders-of-the-san-franc

AP9410020540.jpg

The only time Deion worn that version of the 49ers home uniform in his lone season with San Francisco

(SF had their regular style unis of the era for 3 of their first 4 games- Deion did not play against the Raiders/Chiefs, this was the 40-8 Philly game- and of course the 49ers petitioned the NFL to wear their throwbacks the rest of the season)

• Like 1

one season of popcorn without butter

jf9Jf08.jpg

Fun fact: he was given a key to the city that was technically revoked. The mayor gave it to him contingent on getting 10 TDs and a playoff spot. He had 5 (and obviously no playoffs). I hope they asked for it back.

Second fun fact: I was at that ceremony at the local art gallery (Albright-Knox) which was also filmed for an episode of his VH1 TV show. I forgot the title. But I'm in it.

bufg.png

UdBgc9h.jpg

I'm guessing that was from when he was in high school. 1) How the hell does one get a Randy Brown jersey? 2) Why the hell would anybody want a Randy Brown jersey?

I'm assume it was a custom Mitchell and Ness jersey, and I imagine he shouldn't have had access to such perks back in his high school days.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

UdBgc9h.jpg

I'm guessing that was from when he was in high school. 1) How the hell does one get a Randy Brown jersey? 2) Why the hell would anybody want a Randy Brown jersey?

I'm assume it was a custom Mitchell and Ness jersey, and I imagine he shouldn't have had access to such perks back in his high school days.

I visited a friend in Boston back in the summer of 2003, and the Cavs were in town for either summer league or a summer preseason game. Either way, LeBron was walking through Quincy Market drunk off his ass. He would have been 18 at the time.

Point it, LeBron James has lived a charmed life with access to way more than most. Can you imagine if he had gone to college? He (and the circus that surrounds him) would have destroyed any athletic department he touched.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I visited a friend in Boston back in the summer of 2003, and the Cavs were in town for either summer league or a summer preseason game. Either way, LeBron was walking through Quincy Market drunk off his ass. He would have been 18 at the time.

Point it, LeBron James has lived a charmed life with access to way more than most. Can you imagine if he had gone to college? He (and the circus that surrounds him) would have destroyed any athletic department he touched.

What has LeBron James ever done off the field that makes you think that? You gotta have something better than your 18 year old drunk in Quincy Market story. What circus? Guy has been the Derek Jeter of the NBA when it comes to citizenship. If LeBron was forced to play a year or two in college there is no doubt in my mind he would of been a model student athlete until his time came. Nothing has ever gotten in the way between him and his craft. Ever.

What has LeBron James ever done off the field that makes you think that? You gotta have something better than your 18 year old drunk in Quincy Market story. What circus? Guy has been the Derek Jeter of the NBA when it comes to citizenship. If LeBron was forced to play a year or two in college there is no doubt in my mind he would of been a model student athlete until his time came. Nothing has ever gotten in the way between him and his craft. Ever.

He would certainly have been a better student athlete than Jameis Winston, and Winston didn't "destroy" Florida State's athletics program by any means. Maurice Clarett and all his issues didn't destroy Ohio State. Shoot, even Penn State's football program is still standing, and what happened there was far worse than anything any single student athlete has done.

Edit: I don't mean to trivialize what happened at Penn State. I'm making the point that "destroying" an athletic department seems like quite the hyperbole.

He would certainly have been a better student athlete than Jameis Winston, and Winston didn't "destroy" Florida State's athletics program by any means. Maurice Clarett and all his issues didn't destroy Ohio State. Shoot, even Penn State's football program is still standing, and what happened there was far worse than anything any single student athlete has done.

Edit: I don't mean to trivialize what happened at Penn State. I'm making the point that "destroying" an athletic department seems like quite the hyperbole.

Maybe "destroy" was too harsh a word, but the money was flowing before LeBron even graduated high school. You may remember the Hummer incident (which, as of 2011, he apparently still had), plus the absurd adidas marketing campaign targeted to one person (that failed).

LeBron had high school games televised; no one has seen that since. He's clearly the heir to Michael Jordan merchandising wise, and all that started back when he was in high school. There was too much anticipation and too much money to be made for him to slum it a year in college. It's all conjecture, of course, but the rise of (and associated media and merchandising interest in) early LeBron was unprecedented.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Maybe this has been posted, but if not:

Jabari Parker wearing this year's Bucks uniform

457085306-jabari-parker-of-the-milwaukee

Also,

Angel Pagan on the Cubs

cubs26.jpg

Ha! I was just thinking of posting "The Gatorade Spokesman!" I've seen him more in that commercial than actual time on the floor! They'll have to shoot a new one with the new logos and threads lol. Hope comes back stronger than ever, then the Bucks are really going to make some noise!

packchampionslfroh.png