Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Baron Davis also played on the Warriors.

Baron+Davis+Utah+Jazz+v+Golden+State+War

Chances are, most "fans" at Oracle last night couldn't tell you who he is.

I'm a little surprised to have seen Webber, Davis and Arenas listed as Warriors in the wrong uniforms. They all had success elsewhere, but they each played very significant parts of their careers in Oakland.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm a little surprised to have seen Webber, Davis and Arenas listed as Warriors in the wrong uniforms. They all had success elsewhere, but they each played very significant parts of their careers in Oakland.

Webber and Arenas only played about three years each with the Warriors. Both were rising stars during their time in Golden State, but only became mega-stars AFTER leaving the Bay (Webber in Sac and Arenas in DC.)

6uXNWAo.png

I'm sure Andrei Kirilenko won't either. on an unrelated note: I really liked those Jazz uniforms.

As did I, but it didn't help that their rivals alsp used the same colors (plus yellow).

I don't recall the Lakers busting out double blue a decade ago! :P

I'm just messing, as far as rivals are concerned (where the feeling of both teams towards each other is mutual), Denver's probably it. But I'd bet my life savings that most Jazz fans hate the Lakers much more than they hate the Nuggets. I think KJZZ (Jazz TV channel) ran a poll last season about the which team Jazz fans hated most, and the Lakers came out on top. The Nuggets, Blazers, Rockets, and Bulls were the others, I think.

Oh really? lol

nba-los-angeles-lakers-8-kobe-bryant-blu

And yeah, I debated using the term rival while typing it. As a former Nuggets fan, I always thought the Jazz and Lakers were on equal ground as Denver's rival. I'm not surprised to see the same said from the other side.

Webber and Arenas only played about three years each with the Warriors. Both were rising stars during their time in Golden State, but only became mega-stars AFTER leaving the Bay (Webber in Sac and Arenas in DC.)

Yeah, I know that. But it's not like seeing them in those uniforms is akin to the Rasheed in a Hawks uniform, or Piazza in Marlins jersey. Playing for the Warriors -- for however long -- is a critical part of their respective career narratives.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

David Wesley - Cavs

david-wesley-nba.jpg

Scot Pollard

scot-pollard.jpg

Donyell Marshall

612239-donyell_marshall.jpg

Other Cavs in the wrong uniform:

Joe Smith

Leon Powe

Wally Szczerbiak

Antawn Jamison

Ben Wallace

Shaquille O'Neal

Danny Green

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Baron Davis is currently a cast member on this yahoo.com show called Sin City Saints about an "NBA" basketball team in Las Vegas.

tumblr_nnoiwgqU631u46jvto1_1280.png

I haven't seen the show, but from watching Community on yahoo I have seen 45,000 commercials for it. Somehow they pulled Malin Ackerman.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Did somebody already say this?

I know Vince Lombardi isn't a player really but even as a part time (as in when the season starts) Redskins fan this just seems wrong.

$_35.JPG

If he had not died of cancer after coaching one year...and had gone on to win several Super Bowls with the Redskins, we may view it differently. Lombardi had full control of the team and stock in the team.

George Allen took over the team and went to the Super Bowl the year after, so it's quite possible that he would have built a legacy in D.C. also.

I'm starting to think the Redskins are cursed...

Definitely cursed

2500114956_59b1d3bbd7.jpg

Unlike all the other Redskins problems I can't pin this on Dan Snyder. I don't think he was even alive when Lombardi died. And yes it has been 24 years since the Redskins last won a super bowl.

thats it? -Jets fan

I know Vince Lombardi isn't a player really but even as a part time (as in when the season starts) Redskins fan this just seems wrong.

$_35.JPG

If he had not died of cancer after coaching one year...and had gone on to win several Super Bowls with the Redskins, we may view it differently. Lombardi had full control of the team and stock in the team.

George Allen took over the team and went to the Super Bowl the year after, so it's quite possible that he would have built a legacy in D.C. also.

Definitely cursed

Unlike all the other Redskins problems I can't pin this on Dan Snyder. I don't think he was even alive when Lombardi died. And yes it has been 24 years since the Redskins last won a super bowl.

He was. He was 5 years old.

$_35.JPG

Definitely cursed

He was. He was 5 years old.
So you're saying we CAN pin it on him?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

$_35.JPG

Definitely cursed

As bad as it's been, the Redskins STILL have as many playoff wins in the last 18 years than "America's Team" the Cowboys! (2 since 1997) Up until last season, the Redskins had the upper hand.

87Redskins.png

This is a freeze frame from a 5-part series I did a few years ago on original Astro (Colt 45 original, too) Bob Aspromonte. The series mainly focused on Aspro talking about baseball in the 60's, the Astrodome, etc.. and showing us tons of old pics he had collected over the years. This pic is him standing with Joe Dimaggio in an A's uniform. He explains that Joe temporarily coached the A's for 4 weeks during spring training one year.

18473557539_7847894667_c.jpg

$_35.JPG

Definitely cursed

As bad as it's been, the Redskins STILL have as many playoff wins in the last 18 years than "America's Team" the Cowboys! (2 since 1997) Up until last season, the Redskins had the upper hand.

... and you forgot an upset last year on Monday Night football!

Horace Grant - Magic

GrantHorace.jpg

This looks completly normal to me. Here in Orlando during Grant's tenure with the team (especially during our '95 Finals run) the motto, "Its Gotta be the Goggles", was widespread througout the city on billboards and t-shirts. Horace was definitely a fan favorite. I think Horace Grant with both the Chicago Bulls ('87-'94) and Orlando Magic ('94-'99 & '01-'02) are the "right" uniforms.

This is the jersey that looks "wrong" for Horace...

OB-VC580_WMJ102_DV_20121025162525.jpg

• Like 2

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Horace Grant - Magic

GrantHorace.jpg

This looks completly normal to me. Here in Orlando during Grant's tenure with the team (especially during our '95 Finals run) the motto, "Its Gotta be the Goggles", was widespread througout the city on billboards and t-shirts. Horace was definitely a fan favorite. I think Horace Grant with both the Chicago Bulls ('87-'94) and Orlando Magic ('94-'99 & '01-'02) are the "right" uniforms.

This is the jersey that looks "wrong" for Horace...

OB-VC580_WMJ102_DV_20121025162525.jpg

I was about to respond the same. To me, Grant looks right with both Chicago and Orlando, just a little more right with Chicago. He's kinda like Robert Horry or something, where both the Rockets and Lakers look right for him, but (and this is only because of my age - I'm sure others older than me would swap it) the Lakers just look a little more right.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png