Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Horace Grant - Magic

GrantHorace.jpg

This looks completly normal to me. Here in Orlando during Grant's tenure with the team (especially during our '95 Finals run) the motto, "Its Gotta be the Goggles", was widespread througout the city on billboards and t-shirts. Horace was definitely a fan favorite. I think Horace Grant with both the Chicago Bulls ('87-'94) and Orlando Magic ('94-'99 & '01-'02) are the "right" uniforms.

This is the jersey that looks "wrong" for Horace...

OB-VC580_WMJ102_DV_20121025162525.jpg

I was about to respond the same. To me, Grant looks right with both Chicago and Orlando, just a little more right with Chicago. He's kinda like Robert Horry or something, where both the Rockets and Lakers look right for him, but (and this is only because of my age - I'm sure others older than me would swap it) the Lakers just look a little more right.

No ... no ... no ... L.A. is a little weird, but he won a championship in that jersey. THIS looks the strangest for Horace Grant. And in those hideous scarlet alts.

H_1.jpg

• Like 1

I'll bet another Wizards fan beat me to it:

bibbyx-large.jpg

(I actually forgot this happened)

Also featuring JJ Barea in his first stint as a Mav (that's not really a wrong uniform for him though.)

Sorry for the double post but it wouldn't let me post 2 for some reason.

Miami+Heat+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v6gdxCX

I'll bet another Wizards fan beat me to it:

bibbyx-large.jpg

(I actually forgot this happened)

Also featuring JJ Barea in his first stint as a Mav (that's not really a wrong uniform for him though.)

Sorry for the double post but it wouldn't let me post 2 for some reason.

Miami+Heat+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v6gdxCX

I know he was good with the Kings, but seeing him in anything but a Hawks uniform is weird for me. I had a lot of good memories seeing him play in Atlanta.
  • Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I know he played baseball but did you know he played BASKETBALL?

960x540.jpg

(I don't think it was pro basketball though)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of an obscure pick: Cherokee Parks with the Wizards

647854_display_image.jpg?1299022810

Here's a NASCAR one that doesn't seem rare, but it actually is:

41_KuBusch.jpg

Speedweeks 2015 (Sprint Unlimited, Second Twin 125) was the only time Kurt Busch drove the predominantly red Haas #41 with OUTLAW on his door

(Since his reinstatement, he now has his signature on the car door instead)

2480-690161Bk.jpg

2480-690159Bk.jpg

Only year Horry/Cassell played in those 1990s-ized Rockets unis after winning titles in the old classic red/white/yellow unis (After '96, both were involved in the Barkley trade)

And, speaking of Horry and Cassell both of them in a Suns' jersey is even rarer since both were traded before mid-season.

Robert-Horry-(1996-97).jpg?itok=QfCRkCJD

Sam-Cassell-(1996-97).jpg?itok=nnKNgGlE

Oh, and let's not forget the 16 games he played in Dallas ...

2516-691410Bk.jpg

And, I guess we should also throw the 23 games he played in the old Nets uniforms ...

nba_g_calipari01_576.jpg