Players in the "wrong" uniforms

mr_t-yearbook-high-school-young-1970-foo

Lawrence Tureaud, Dunbar High School

ap97011002447.jpg

mr_t-yearbook-high-school-young-1970-foo

Lawrence Tureaud, Dunbar High School

"I ain't gettin' on no football field!"

59015e39aab18d5b3aaa4b72e685290a.jpg

Argentine international Osvaldo Ardiles was contracted to Tottenham Hotspur when the Falklands War between England and Argentina started in 1982.

He spent some of the 1982-83 season with French side Paris Saint-Germain, playing 14 games before returning to Spurs after the political situation between the two countries had settled down.

McCartyFlames.jpg

Darren McCarty- Calgary Flames

I actually own a player tee of Mac as a Flame. I'm a Wings fan, but I couldn't pass up a shirt of my favorite player for $4. I also have a Fedorov Ducks shirt for similar reasons.

56634412-marian-hossa-of-the-atlanta-thr

Marian Hossa- Atlanta Thrashers (2005-06 was also the last year of THAT specific Thrashers uni. His other full season, they made the blue uni the primary home

Hossa's spent so much of his career as a "hired gun" since he left Ottawa, I'd be hard-pressed to name which uniform for him is "right?" Ottawa? Atlanta? Pitts? Detroit? Hawks?

Hossa's spent so much of his career as a "hired gun" since he left Ottawa, I'd be hard-pressed to name which uniform for him is "right?" Ottawa? Atlanta? Pitts? Detroit? Hawks?

While true for a few seasons, that's not really the case. Hossa's in his seventh season with Chicago and has won three Cups with them. He's a Blackhawk.

Marian Hossa- Atlanta Thrashers (2005-06 was also the last year of THAT specific Thrashers uni. His other full season, they made the blue uni the primary home

Senators and Blackhawks.

3023449_display_image.jpg?1296585932

I give you.... Roberto Alomar, as a Diamondback in 2004.

I've said it before, but I love this uniform.

OFF TOPIC: I just realized this, but these uniforms were the baseball equivalent of the 1996-2000s Utah Jazz. Almost the exact same colors, in almost the exact same order of emphasis (purple, black, teal, copper for D-backs; purple, black, copper, teal for Jazz). It's a good "desert"-style color scheme, I'll admit.

philadelphia-eagles-william-perry-photo.

William "The Refrigerator" Perry in the twilight years of his career with the Philadelphia Eagles (from 1994, note the NFL's 75th Anniversary patch).

gilbert_arenas_2012_03_24.jpgkansas-city-chiefs-ron-jaworski-40t-1989

Agent Zero on the Grizzlies, and Jaws on the Chiefs

857ba2cce53865950e8e6e178bb355da.jpg

Speaking of Jaws..... here he is as a Dolphin.

3023449_display_image.jpg?1296585932

I give you.... Roberto Alomar, as a Diamondback in 2004.

I've said it before, but I love this uniform.

Agreed. Better than the current ones (of course, that's not saying much, but still :P)

there is no question what the right uniform for Hossa is... it's not even a matter of his right team, because his right "uniform" is worn by 2 different teams.

dude won 3 cups with the chicago blackhawks and a memorial cup with the portland winterhawks.

Hossa+with+cups.jpg

I see your Hossa and raise you a Chris Chelios

97674567_slide.jpg

Here's Jaws in the wrong uniform (his first team) and the wrong number (just like above as a Dolphin).

ron_jaworski_1976_10_17.jpg

Here's Jaws in the wrong uniform (his first team) and the wrong number (just like above as a Dolphin).

ron_jaworski_1976_10_17.jpg

You know, looking at this beautiful uniform, I'm thinking you could post a picture of the current Rams team photo and make an argument that the team is in the "wrong uniform" (meaning they should switch back to these classics full time).