Players in the "wrong" uniforms

3. Wayne Gretzky, St. Louis Blues

Quite possibly the greatest 31 games of his career, if you equate ?greatness? with ?number of primary colors on uniform.?

Some sick part of me really likes those particular Blues uniforms. The fact that they were the ones the Great One wore just makes them that much better.

I think it's only fair to say they were in the "wrong" unform after they've become famous with one team. Por exemplo, Brett Favre as a Falcon is not wrong at all. Brett Favre hadn't become Brett Favre yet. He was just Brett Fay-ver then(pronunciation of his name on draft day). He was just some alcoholic partyboy who couldn't grasp the offense. Brett Favre as a Jet, wrong, wrong, wrong.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

everyones talking about Favre as a Jet..... But what about this...

brett924.jpg

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but since I knew from early on that Favre started off with the Falcons, I don't find that pic strange.

What I find strange in that picture is a quarterback wearing that style of facemask.

That popping sound you heard was the collective sound of the "Let Bret Play" demographic imploding.

As a native Wisconsinite... I think that's a beautiful sound.

I give those redneck fanboys two weeks into the regular season before they let go of their "I'm no longer a Packers fan" stance and go back to rockin' their hunter orange ballcaps with the oval G on the front with pride.

Regarding Favre: All I have to say is thank God the Jets don't wear the unis they wore for most of the 80's and 90s. I think that'd make my eyes bleed seeing Favre in that get up.

Either way it's going to be awfully weird seeing him in that uniform. At least i'll somewhat get used to it since he'll be in the same division as the Bills.

Not really a legend...but seeing Jason Elam with the Falcons and not the Broncos is a little odd to see.

82235999.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

That popping sound you heard was the collective sound of the "Let Bret Play" demographic imploding.

As a native Wisconsinite... I think that's a beautiful sound.

I give those redneck fanboys two weeks into the regular season before they let go of their "I'm no longer a Packers fan" stance and go back to rockin' their hunter orange ballcaps with the oval G on the front with pride.

also as a native wisconsinite, i agree. once the season starts, everyone in wisconsin will be back with the pack. sure we might give rodgers a hard time, but were still ganna suport him, or whoever will be under center of the packers. but there will be idiots who will start the brett chants, unfortunaltly. the pack did the best thing in the intrest of the future of the pack. its hard to see favre in a different uni, but were ganna have to get used to it.

Regarding Favre: All I have to say is thank God the Jets don't wear the unis they wore for most of the 80's and 90s. I think that'd make my eyes bleed seeing Favre in that get up.

Either way it's going to be awfully weird seeing him in that uniform. At least i'll somewhat get used to it since he'll be in the same division as the Bills.

As a packer fan, seeing Brett in a Jets uni will be hard enough, I agree, thak God it isnt one of those lime green and white disasters they used to where. Now I think they have one of the better unis in the league, so that might help ease the pain a little

As a packer fan, seeing Brett in a Jets uni will be hard enough, I agree, thak God it isnt one of those lime green and white disasters they used to where. Now I think they have one of the better unis in the league, so that might help ease the pain a little

When exactly did the Jets where[sic] "lime green and white"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Joe Girardi with the Colorado Rockies

GirardiCR.JPG

Joe Girardi = LEGEND!!! Also, he played for the Rockies for three seasons, he wasn't exactly there for a cup of coffee. Girardi with the Cardinals would be a lot better. Someone find one!!!

Edit: Nevermind, I found one:

joegirardi.jpg

That picture was from the first ever Rockies game ever at Shea Stadium :P:D

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png