Players in the "wrong" uniforms

I think many people's first thoughts of Joe Thornton are as a Shark though. It's not like he accomplished anything in Boston. For all the (deserved) derision the Sharks of the past decade have gotten, they've at least had some measure of success.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:07 PM, Bucfan56 said:

I definitey wouldn't put Cano with those other two. He's actually put up pretty good numbers in Seattle.

Actually, what became Cano's first year in Seattle was also the last year of those specific Mariner jerseys (tweaked the MARINERS and SEATTLE font for last year)

2 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

hi-res-168243416-zach-parise-of-the-minn

Zach Parise's first year in Minnesota was the last year of those road jerseys for the Wild

I wouldn't say WRONG uniform. Even though we have the new road jerseys, that still looks normal for Parise. (It might be that I watched pretty much every game, but... :D)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On April 27, 2016 at 2:36 PM, FGM13 said:

I think many people's first thoughts of Joe Thornton are as a Shark though. It's not like he accomplished anything in Boston. For all the (deserved) derision the Sharks of the past decade have gotten, they've at least had some measure of success.

But it's not a "wrong" uniform if he spends almost half his career there.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2016 at 0:58 PM, Cujo said:

Pavel Bure - FLA

Pavel-Bure-Florida-Panthers-.jpg

Well Bure played 4 seasons in Florida and 7 in Vancouver. It would have made more sense to post a pic of him in a Rangers uni.

• Like 1

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

19 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

But it's not a "wrong" uniform if he spends almost half his career there.

Agreed. I'm not a particularly big hockey fan, but I immediately know that Thornton played for both Boston and San Jose upon hearing his name. If it surprises you that someone played for a team, then that team's jersey is the "wrong" one for him. I think almost everyone knows that Thornton played for Boston.

On April 28, 2016 at 8:22 PM, habsfan1 said:

It's a bit questionable how the 92 Blackhawks let him go, despite a solid performance in the Stanley Cup final as Belfour's backup. I never knew he was once in that position at the start of his career.

hasek.jpg

I'm sure it's like the situation with the NYR- with two teams coming in the expansion draft the Blackhawks had to leave one goaltender unprotected and risk losing him for nothing. I'm sure they wanted Hasek as only a backup at that point since Belfour was an elite goaltender. 

They traded Hasek for what they can get, exposed their new backup "Waite" to the expansion draft and didn't lose him and gained other assets.

Buffalo probably exposed Fuhr, Hasek or Draper in the expansion draft and none were selected. 

Rangers traded Vanbiesbrouck to the Canucks to avoid losing him for nothing, and the cancks wanted him just to expose in th draft so they would not lose McLean. 

• Like 1
5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif