Players in the "wrong" uniforms

They're timestamped to the mid 90's for sure, but that's a good uniform and I will always believe that. If the Islanders had been an expansion team in that era nobody would've batted an eye at their whacky uniforms and those colors are really cool. It just didn't work for a team with their history. 

An interesting concept series that I'm too lazy to do would be to approach the Islanders as if they were a 90's expansion team and evolve their fisherman uniforms to the present day with those logos and colors. It would've been interesting to see how they would've approached the EDGE in 2007 if they were still using those logos and colors. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Tommy Salo actually wore four different Islanders uniforms, perhaps a record. The weirdest to see is this one.

5306-244Fr.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

He's a journeyman, but in the context of recent NBA, this is weird:

8612875590_d86e4cdbc4_z.jpg

This feels weird now (probably the headband):

lebronjamesbostoncelticsvmiamiheatgameag

Some former Nuggets:

jr+smith+nuggets.jpg

Phoenix+Suns+v+Denver+Nuggets+OGywX1mBim

And obligatory:

anderson-varejao.jpg?w=600

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

An Andre Dawson two-fer, first with the Boston Red Sox:

andre_dawson_1993_03_01.jpg

And with the Florida Marlins:

andre_dawson_1996_05_01.jpg

And, as an added bonus, Fred Biletnikoff, Raider great, as a Montreal Alouette(!)- he wouldn't be the first NFL legend to defect to that team, as an aside:

97408336-wide-receiver-fred-biletnikoff-

UBwef0L.png

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

Varejao played 12 seasons with the Cavs, this is in no way the wrong uniform for him...

Yeah, seriously.  If 12 years with one team doesn't cement that as his right uniform then I don't know what does.  That's longer than a lot of guys' entire careers.

11 hours ago, johnnysama said:

And, as an added bonus, Fred Biletnikoff, Raider great, as a Montreal Alouette(!)- he wouldn't be the first NFL legend to defect to that team, as an aside:

97408336-wide-receiver-fred-biletnikoff-

What is going on with the sleeves of Biletnikoff's jersey? I see a faded number or something of that nature...picture also makes me think of bald white guys in the nfl. You do not see a lot of them and if you do they usually go full bald.

• Like 1