Players in the "wrong" uniforms

10 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

Yeah, seriously.  If 12 years with one team doesn't cement that as his right uniform then I don't know what does.  That's longer than a lot of guys' entire careers.

It's not quite the same thing, but it could at least be argued that Roy Halladay's right uniform is a Phillies one, despite having a decade-long terriffic career in Toronto.  He only played two meaningful seasons in Philadelphia, but that's where he had his perfect game and playoff no-hitter, a cy-young, increased national (US at least) exposure in general, and definitely more exposure in the playoffs.  In fact if you google him, the images that show up are Phillies rather than Blue Jays.

I'm just saying that I feel that way, just pointing out that there are circumstances where 12 years with a team doesn't make it a slam dunk that that's their "right" uniform.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's Iguodala in the wrong uniform and wrong number (he gave #4 to Chris Webber when Webber decided to come here and steal an absurd amount of money.)

Iguodala played 8 years in Philadelphia, vs 4 total between Denver and GSW, but I don't think anyone would consider a Sixers uniform to be his "right" one.

iguodala_allstar3_254_050218.jpg?itok=ZQ

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think that players can certainly have more than one "right" uniform. When I think of Roy Halladay, I think of both Toronto and Philadelphia. Likewise, with Igoudala I think of both Philly and Golden State. Denver, however, would be a wrong uniform in my mind

• Like 1

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Here's Iguodala in the wrong uniform and wrong number (he gave #4 to Chris Webber when Webber decided to come here and steal an absurd amount of money.)

Iguodala played 8 years in Philadelphia, vs 4 total between Denver and GSW, but I don't think anyone would consider a Sixers uniform to be his "right" one.

To be honest, I still do. I think a Warriors uniform will eventually look a little more right on him to me the longer he's there, but for now I still think of him as a 76er first, a Warrior close second, and a Nugget distant last. 

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I would disagree - I still think of him as a 76er as much as anything - but just wanted to say that's a pretty good jersey. A little too shiny, perhaps, but the Sixers should have used more color in that set. I know they didn't have a red alt in that style but I'd like to see one.

29 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I would disagree - I still think of him as a 76er as much as anything - but just wanted to say that's a pretty good jersey. A little too shiny, perhaps, but the Sixers should have used more color in that set. I know they didn't have a red alt in that style but I'd like to see one.

I agree for a few years he was basically called the new AI after iversons got traded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dont care said:

I agree for a few years he was basically called the new AI after iversons got traded.

Right. I remember when he and Iverson were teammates that Philly had two AIs. That's where I first heard of him.

6 hours ago, GearsofTed said:

My Colorado Rockies seem to a have a thing for picking up guys way past their prime as a rental and putting them in the wrong uniform (btw those uniforms look so bad now)

Roy Oswalt

Jose Reyes

Jamie Moyer

Jon Garland

Jair Jurrjens 

You left out the ultimate example:

75.png Dale%2520Murphy%2520Rockies.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GearsofTed said:

Idk if anybody posted this already because I didn't look through all 250 pages but emmitt smith as an Arizona cardinal 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Making it worse is the fact that he's wearing the ancestor of today's "blood clot" uniforms in the top photo.