Players in the "wrong" uniforms

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

US Olympian Kirk Angel

Warrior%2BFilm%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Right? Still, one of my favorite all-time movies.

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

3 hours ago, swilson160 said:

Weird that so many people are forgetting Juan Gonzalez.  He was the best bat-and-ball player in Texas history.

2016-08-10 12_20_58-juan gonzalez - Google Search.png

Igor? GTFO. He was "Juan-Gone." But yes, definitely the preeminent Ranger.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On August 8, 2016 at 10:09 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Is Texas any star players right uniform? Lots of guys have passed through, or finished up there, but nobody seems like a Ranger. 

Even Nolan Ryan only finished up there, and had pretty much all of his great accomplishments elsewhere. 

Pudge

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

On 8/9/2016 at 4:51 AM, dont care said:

Josh Hamilton 

Josh Hamilton was a relatively insignificant player in the grand scheme of things.  Not a superstar.  Had 4 or 5 good years and will not be remembered in a few years.

On 8/9/2016 at 11:35 AM, FGM13 said:

Adrian Beltre. Pudge Rodriguez?

I'll give you Pudge, unfortunately being a catcher makes it harder to be a real star.  I certainly appreciated his talent though, so OK.

On 8/9/2016 at 0:00 PM, insert name said:

Michael Young

LOL.  Outside of Texas, nobody noticed or cared about Michael Young.  Granted I'm only a casual fan, but until he signed with the Phillies a few years ago, I had no idea he was considered so special to the Rangers.  If you're truly a star, then even casual fans can recognize and appreciate your greatness.

On 8/9/2016 at 1:28 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Pudge Rodriguez (although I'll admit that he may have multple "right" uniforms)

Juan Gonzalez

Josh Hamilton

Alright, I'll give you Juan Gonzalez too.  I guess due to the relative obscurity of the Rangers franchise, he just kind of got lost in my memory, but yeah - he was a monster in his day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, San Diego said:

PK Subban in his new Preds jersey 

Ilwr6qB.jpg

For now, this is absolutely an understandable argument. He made some great play and won a Norris as a Hab. 

That being said, he is a player who has either just started, or is about to enter his prime. He's going to be paired with Roman Josi, in a move that will likely crank what was the most productive D-Line up to 11. Also considering that he's entering a 5-year no-move phase with a defense that is, arguably, a better fit for his style of play. I'd be surprised if people still see the Preds as wrong, when his career is over.

Weber is another matter, though. He still has some good hockey left in him, but his best years are, almost certainly, behind him. He'll provide some great leadership, and will play in a way more in-line with what management wants. That being said, he has a cumbersome contract that will most likely turn him into a cap-suck in about 5 seasons. I don't know that he'll have enough opportunity to establish red and blue as a "right" look. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

FlutieDarrenR1.jpg

An oddity: This is Doug Flutie's younger brother, Darren, who before all his success in the CFL, had a 'cuppa coffee', as they say in baseball, playing one full season with the San Diego Chargers in 1988 (incidentally, Doug would play for the Chargers for several seasons in the early 2000s decade).

Also, when you think Milt Stegall, you think of him with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Before he went there, he had a three-season stint with the Cincinnati Bengals. Unfortunately, I am unable to track down any pics of Milt as a Bengal.

UBwef0L.png