Players in the "wrong" uniforms

When did he wear this jersey...and why???
Sidney Crosby in a Kings Uni

Kings04-Crosby3.jpg

My best guess is something predraft? I think in the NFL, they invite would be draftees to train with the team, but I'm not sure if they do that in the NHL. If they do, then that is my guess.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Kings04-Crosby3.jpg

You didn't hear?

Crosby to LA for Dan Cloutier's phone number! :D

But yea, that is old. I think it may have been pre-lockout as teams can bring anyone to them to run practices and such. Sometimes you'll random Major Junior players participating in a practice with an NHL team even if they don't end up drafting them for whatever reason, mostly draft position.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Kings04-Crosby3.jpg

You didn't hear?

Crosby to LA for Dan Cloutier's phone number! :D

But yea, that is old. I think it may have been pre-lockout as teams can bring anyone to them to run practices and such. Sometimes you'll random Major Junior players participating in a practice with an NHL team even if they don't end up drafting them for whatever reason, mostly draft position.

When Crosby was a junior, he would head down to LA and get offseason training from some fitness guys there. He wasn't the only prospect doing that, Jack Johnson (of LA coincidently enough) was his best mate, and they would go down together. The Kings offered these guys spots at their prospect/rookie camps to fill out the roster, and since they were in LA, they went along.

Juventus.png

Joe Girardi with the Colorado Rockies

GirardiCR.JPG

Joe Girardi = LEGEND!!! Also, he played for the Rockies for three seasons, he wasn't exactly there for a cup of coffee. Girardi with the Cardinals would be a lot better. Someone find one!!!

Edit: Nevermind, I found one:

joegirardi.jpg

I think he kind of resembles Joe Sakic there.

A little bit off topic :P

Ike.jpg

Isaac Bruce (#88)

:cursing:<_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Deion Sanders as a Redskin (even weirder because it's Sean Taylor's number)

001231843.jpg

49ers:

33-54402-P.jpg

Ravens (still looks weird):

sanders_deion2.jpg

Speaking of Sean Taylor, here he is with number 36:

sean-taylor.jpg

Jim Brown with an LA Raiders shirt on (though he never played for them...):

p1_brown.jpg

Ernie Davis with the Browns (only played a season, his rookie season, before his sad death.)

1962davis.jpg

(EDIT: Never played a regular season game as a professional.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

_38447041_carter150.jpg

Cris Carter

piazza.jpg

Mike Piazza

p1_mourning_ap.jpg

Alonzo Mourning

_39158301_payton.jpg

Gary Payton

p3365748dt.jpg

Todd Bertuzzi

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png