Players in the "wrong" uniforms

2 hours ago, johnnysama said:

716567.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Also a "Right team, wrong uniform" entry: Drew Bledsoe, who was replaced by you-know-who, spent two seasons in the Pats' current look. (Hard to believe that look has been in use for 15+ years now.... it is a modern classic.)

That look isn't horrible, but it's vastly inferior to its predecessor.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2016 at 5:12 PM, SabresRule7361 said:

Roy Green, best known as a prolific WR who scored touchdowns by the barrel load for the St. Louis/Phoenix Cardinals in the 80s, was briefly a Philadelphia Eagle in the early 90s

GTY_roy_green_sr_140520_16x9_608.jpg

I was so psyched when the Eagles got him. All I knew him as was from having a 108 or 109 yard kick return or something.  Didn't work out that well for the Eagles though. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One of the first legit stars the Vancouver Canucks had, Harold Snepsts, in the later years of his career, wore the other two iterations of the jerseys worn with the 'skate' logo (he is best known wearing the 'Flying-V' jerseys, and the blue/green ones that came before it).

front.jpg

He played one full season in this jersey set, before they changed it to....

HaroldSnepsts.jpg

..this one, in which he played all of 39 games in this set before he was traded to the St. Louis Blues. So this is a two-fer in the 'Right team, wrong uniform' department.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

4 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/312/156/334191_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

in case you couldn't tell, I really like following themes. Here is good ole Andre Rison. sure, he went to a pro bowl his first year there but imo, I think he belongs more in a glanville era Falcons uni

I'm not sure he has a *right* uniform. I would also go Falcons first, but he was also a high draft pick of the Colts, scored that memorable touchdown for the Packers early in Super Bowl XXXI, and had a stink-'em-up season with the Browns as well (and yes, I vaguely remember him on a really good Chiefs team that couldn't win a playoff game). I may yet be missing someone else he played for...am I?

12 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/312/156/334191_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

in case you couldn't tell, I really like following themes. Here is good ole Andre Rison. sure, he went to a pro bowl his first year there but imo, I think he belongs more in a glanville era Falcons uni

Also, he's a Falcon because that's where he was when Left Eye burned down his house. 

• Like 2

On 12/14/2016 at 2:03 PM, San Diego said:

Right team, wrong uniform. (Best pats look imo)

041614tylaw607.jpg

That uniform is definitely superior to their current look.  It's much brighter.

• Like 3

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

51Y3CQtSUOL._SY450_.jpg

Here's another "Right team, wrong uniform" entry: Rod Smith, the great Broncos receiver, spent his first two seasons in the Orange Crush Broncos set, which happened to be the last two years of that set. To me, he's best known for the 'Nikefied' look.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png