Players in the "wrong" uniforms

9201663.jpg?size=640x420 -and- cbb1db03548b12a4c77dcee8e974c2b9.jpg

They may be the right team for both Glen Suitor (top) and Ray Elgaard (bottom), but they are in the 'wrong' uniform as they only spent their first seasons in the final seasons of the Saskatchewan Roughriders' "double-stripe" jersey set (also note the wrong number on Elgaard; that's a pic from his rookie season, 1983; the same can be said of Suitor who came along the following year, before the Riders changed up their look in '85).

UBwef0L.png

27 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Cracks me up how "new uniform" automatically means "wrong uniform" for so many of you.

And while Boggs in a Devil Rays jersey isn't his "right uniform" I can't say it was a "wrong uniform" because when I think of the 98 Devil Rays I think of Wade Boggs. 

I think it's legit for Phillips and Weaver.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Cracks me up how "new uniform" automatically means "wrong uniform" for so many of you.

But they are "wrong" uniforms because we're not used to them yet and we can only go off of how we feel right now. Brandon Phillips in a Braves uniform is his wrong uniform. Maybe he has a huge comeback and the Braves unexpectedly win the World Series while he wears that uniform. At that point it won't be a wrong uniform, but RIGHT NOW as of this post it doesn't look right. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

But they are "wrong" uniforms because we're not used to them yet and we can only go off of how we feel right now. Brandon Phillips in a Braves uniform is his wrong uniform. Maybe he has a huge comeback and the Braves unexpectedly win the World Series while he wears that uniform. At that point it won't be a wrong uniform, but RIGHT NOW as of this post it doesn't look right. 

Yes, that's fair and I understand that but it's not nearly in the same category as something like Mike Piazza in a Marlins uniform, David Ortiz in a Twins uniform, and Frank Thomas in an A's uniform. I dunno maybe I want like a disclaimer or something. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, johnnysama said:

9201663.jpg?size=640x420 -and- cbb1db03548b12a4c77dcee8e974c2b9.jpg

They may be the right team for both Glen Suitor (top) and Ray Elgaard (bottom), but they are in the 'wrong' uniform as they only spent their first seasons in the final seasons of the Saskatchewan Roughriders' "double-stripe" jersey set (also note the wrong number on Elgaard; that's a pic from his rookie season, 1983; the same can be said of Suitor who came along the following year, before the Riders changed up their look in '85).

I don't mean to offend our friends north of the border, but this might be the most obscure reference in this thread.

• Like 3

After 307 games and 4 premierships (2008, 2013, 2014, 2015) in 15 seasons for the Hawthorn Hawks between 2002 and 2016, Sam Mitchell will be playing for the West Coast Eagles in the 2017 Australian Football League season. Another recruit for the West Coast for 2017 is Drew Petrie, who played 316 games in 16 seasons for North Melbourne between 2001 and 2016. This is the first time in AFL history that a club has had two new recruits in the same season who played over 300 games each at another club.

1e783f9a82b48ac4c84846f7ec62d324.jpeg

PETRIE-Drew-2016-WCE.png

1 hour ago, Graham_Clayton said:

After 307 games and 4 premierships (2008, 2013, 2014, 2015) in 15 seasons for the Hawthorn Hawks between 2002 and 2016, Sam Mitchell will be playing for the West Coast Eagles in the 2017 Australian Football League season. Another recruit for the West Coast for 2017 is Drew Petrie, who played 316 games in 16 seasons for North Melbourne between 2001 and 2016. This is the first time in AFL history that a club has had two new recruits in the same season who played over 300 games each at another club.

1e783f9a82b48ac4c84846f7ec62d324.jpeg

PETRIE-Drew-2016-WCE.png

"Who are these people!" - Patrick Star

• Like 2

AwvgSX4.png