Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Regardless, Jordan playing baseball got a 30 for 30 because it was weird. The early Orlando Magic got their 30 for 30 because they were a huge friggin' deal at the time. We haven't even brought up Little Penny!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I'm assuming that was spring training? He never played a regular-season or postseason MLB game. 

Tony Meola never played for the Jets in the regular season.  But this still counts.

149683732.jpg

Anyway, this thread jumped the shark long ago, as the recent mention of Shaq in Orlando conclusively proves.  I should flog myself for continuing to contribute to it!

The standard should be Namath with the Rams or Killebrew with the Royals -- teams that no one would associate with the player without the pictorial reminder.  There are only a handful of such cases.

And, by that standard, Meola would qualify, but Jordan would not, because everybody remembers Jordan in a Sox uniform that spring, especially his hit against the Cubs at Wrigley. 

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Tony Meola never played for the Jets in the regular season.  But this still counts.

149683732.jpg

Anyway, this thread jumped the shark long ago, as the recent mention of Shaq in Orlando conclusively proves.  I should flog myself for continuing to contribute to it!

The standard should be Namath with the Rams or Killebrew with the Royals -- teams that no one would associate with the player without the pictorial reminder.  There are only a handful of such cases.

And, by that standard, Meola would qualify, but Jordan would not, because everybody remembers Jordan in a Sox uniform that spring, especially his hit against the Cubs at Wrigley. 

Had no clue who Tony Meola even was till this post.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Had no clue who Tony Meola even was till this post.

Yet another early 90s sports star with a bad video game:

Tony%20Meola's%20Sidekicks%20Soccer%20(U

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, ImmortalChef said:

I don't really count that because it was just a marketing scheme by the Sox to gain as much money as possible

Yes. MJ left the 3-peat Bulls for the absolute sole purpose of helping the White Sox make a crapload of money....

6uXNWAo.png

17 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I am happy to have contributed to your education.

(All of the hockey players shown in this thread are completely unknown to me.)

Haha, well, thanks. My knowledge of individual soccer players is limited to the mononymous guys, plus Rooney, Beckham, Messi, and a handful of present and former U.S. national team members (both men and women), so thanks for teaching me.

• Like 1

If Shaq in Orlando is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

(I admittedly have watched very, very little of the NBA in the past ~15 years, but I still think of Shaq and Penny Hardaway when I hear of the Magic. It's a shame that they ran into literally the greatest team of all time in 1996, because that team was incredibly stacked and really fun to watch.)

• Like 2