5 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The only right one is duke

IMG_9239.JPG

IMG_9240.JPG

IMG_9241.JPG

IMG_9242.JPG

IMG_9243.JPG

IMG_9244.JPG

I'd say if Laettner has a "right" NBA uniform, it's Minnesota's. That was where he started his career and he wad a starter on that team for several years. He was even in NBA Jam as a Timberwolf.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I'd say if Laettner has a "right" NBA uniform, it's Minnesota's. That was where he started his career and he wad a starter on that team for several years. He was even in NBA Jam as a Timberwolf.

Buuuuuuut ... he was an All-Star with the Hawks. I would say Hawks.

• Like 3

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 7/6/2017 at 0:04 PM, BrianLion said:

technically I think he played just as many seasons with the Wizards as the Wolves, so you could make the claim there as well. 

NBA Jam breaks the tie.

Also, in that Wizards photo, Jordan looks like he's about to call Laettner an ambulance. lol

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, MCM0313 said:

Statistically, his best seasons came with the Timberwolves. It was also the team that originally drafted him. He looked pretty good playing in those uniforms too, probably the least awkward set of all of the ones he wore throughout his pro career. But Atlanta might be the 1a of "right teams" for him since he helped guide them to the playoffs (granted, Atlanta had a better team than the Timberwolves prior to KG taking off), won some early playoff rounds, and made his lone all-star appearance.

I consider the other four (Detroit, Dallas, Washington, and Miami) to be his wrong teams.

• Like 1

On the Melo front, I do feel as if both Denver and New York are his "right" teams. He was more successful in Denver in that the Nuggets made the playoffs in each of his first 7 seasons with the team. He also made the WCF. Not impressive enough feats when you compare him to other more successful members of his draft class, particularly LeBron and Wade, but they were at least a consistently decent team during that stretch. Not totally unlike what Kevin Garnett went through in Minnesota. He was less successful in New York, but he took them to 3 straight postseasons early on in this stint while posting averages comparable to what he put up in Denver.

If anything, his next destination may be considered his "wrong" team. I guess it depends on how he does from a statistical standpoint and how far his new team is able to advance.

• Like 2