Players in the "wrong" uniforms

I've got an oddity that I just stumbled across. While looking for pictures of Sean Burke in the pre-silver Whalers jersey, I found out he sat out the 91-92 season due to to a contract dispute. In that time, he played for the Canadian International Team & the San Diego Gulls of the IHL:

s-l300.jpg

burke.jpg

Burke played in 7 games with 4-2-1 record & a 2.41 GAA. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Dustin Fowler, probably one of the most tragic wrong uniforms out there:

fowler-21.jpgFor those who don't know, he injured his knee on this play right before he was to have his first major league at-bat.
Yesterday, he was traded from the Yankees to the A's.

• Like 3

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

37 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

He may have played for the Reds for quite a while, but this is his 'wrong' uniform for his Reds tenure, the current set:

CYEoyT2WkAAOzl8.jpg

That's true, but it's been repeated here that alts/throwbacks don't really count. Not to mention the poster I quoted was saying emphatically that just him being a Red in and of itself qualified. 

8 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I've got an oddity that I just stumbled across. While looking for pictures of Sean Burke in the pre-silver Whalers jersey, I found out he sat out the 91-92 season due to to a contract dispute. In that time, he played for the Canadian International Team & the San Diego Gulls of the IHL:

s-l300.jpg

burke.jpg

Burke played in 7 games with 4-2-1 record & a 2.41 GAA. 

Nikolai Khabibulin was in a similar situation in 1999. He sat out the season and played for the Long Beach Ice Dogs (IHL). He ended up playing in 33 games though and won league MVP.

Related image

• Like 1

The thing about Ken Griffey Jr is that some people will remember him for his days in Seattle because those were his best years.  And until you actually go and check his stats, one might not realize he played as long as he did with the Reds.  There shouldn't be any debate about him being in a Chicago White Sox jersey being the wrong look.

Ken_Griffey_Jr_-_Chicago_White_Sox_-_v.j

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chrispw12 said:

Dave Stewart bounced around quite a bit early before finding success with the A's, Dodgers, Phillies and Rangers

131359.jpg.6cc0866bddf4da7f56927d0cde1fc028.jpg

86682373a802050b17ce77c5a0b42612--base-ball-national-league.jpg.581ad2ef0275b1a49a29943c9855daa4.jpg

113257456.jpg.7ceb13416bf8cb557b3ac3137f2087c1.jpg

In fairness to Mr. Stewart's Dodger tenure, he did win his first World Series title with them in 1981.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

On 8/1/2017 at 7:39 AM, BrianLion said:

Griffey Jr. was on the Reds for parts of NINE seasons. 

Yeah, but can you remember a single thing he did there?

Nine seasons! I can't believe it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags