Players in the "wrong" uniforms

49 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

This is the essence of the thread. Right here. This guy. In that uniform. Still blows my mind.

here is why:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wayne-carey-tells-why-i-slept-with-my-mates-wife/news-story/301458d232698d5fa427bbe9df871088?sv=d9f21f732a41eb81f76aedc9e4bc2275

so long and thanks for all the fish.

16 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

I had no idea who this person was or what teams he played for but now I'm verrrrry interested!

EDIT: This dude... not a great citizen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Carey#Scandals.2C_domestic_violence.2C_arrests_and_drug_abuse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

Boomer Esiason...

Image result for boomer esiason cardinals

I love coming to this thread for ones like these. I never knew Boomer played for the Cards!

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

Since we're talking CFL, here's Gizmo Williams on the Eagles (sorta)

91MreBhQjQL._SX355_.jpg3242-535aBk.jpg160119.jpg

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

I love coming to this thread for ones like these. I never knew Boomer played for the Cards!

He actually was their quarterback for their first playoff win of the Super Bowl era. That alone is so significant that I have a hard time thinking of the Cards' uni as "wrong" for him.

EDIT: No, that was Jake Plummer. For some reason I always remember it as Boomer. I guess AZ is his "wrong" uniform, after all.

Edited by MCM0313
Correction

3 hours ago, bucky_bleichert said:

al harrington played 10 games for the magic

1375150024000-USATSI-7111064-1307292209_

By this point in his career, Al Harrington had begun to check out mentally...his Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubeman Emporium and Warehouse was taking up most of his time and energy, directing him toward retirement from hoops and full engagement in his next career. Here we see him in one of his rare moments of on-court lucidity.

10 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Wait... seriously? I had no idea this even happened.

A total of 98 games at the end of his career (The 2009-10 & 2010-11 squads), but he retired with Memphis in 2011 after he got waived by Orlando, in which he wore #3, not his usual #2 for the Grizzlies: 

jason_williams_2011_03_06.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_